HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift!

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #1  

KoolCat

HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won\'t lift!

I hope someone here can help.
My Kubota B2150 HST 4x4 won't lift the 3pth at all, no noise not even a wiggle. This happened last spring too. I used the tractor this winter to blow snow but did not use the the 3pth. Now the same thing has happened again. I pulled the lift arm assembly off and pulled it all apart but didn't find anything that LOOKED /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif wrong but then again it would have to be pretty well broken to notice.. Last year I put on a new spin-on hydraulic filter and that seemed to cure it ....should I do that again this year?
I would rather get someone else's opinion before I spend $40.00 on a new filter since this one only has 100 hrs on it.
Thanks in advance for the help!
-John Sylvester

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #2  
Re: HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won\'t lift!

Are you sure that you don't have the Stop Valve engaged? I know nothing about the Kubota's but my Yanmar has a Stop Valve located under the seat that allows you to lock the 3 pt in position. It's purpose is to prevent the arms from moving up or down if you have to service an implement while it is attached.

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #3  

John
Does your snow blower use hydraulics?
Check the lines and valve if it does.
The oil may be returning to the transmission before it gets to the 3ph.

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #4  

John, I don't think you gave us enough information. Do you have a front end loader on the tractor. The first thing that comes to mind is that some of us have had a similar problem and found the solution was to move the front end loader joystick around. If that valve isn't centered (closed), the 3-point hitch is being bypassed and won't lift.

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #5  

Don't know Kubotas, but Yanmars have a hydraulic pickup screen inside the rear end where the return line exits back to the pump that needs to be cleaned. If your spin-on filter was the culprit once, possibly now that screen, if clogged.

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #6  

My 3pt won't lift if one of my rear remote levers is in a operating position (i.e., not in neutral).

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #7  

1. Check the knob under your seat; it allows you to adjust how fast/slow the 3pt will raise/lower.
2. Make sure you have plenty of fluid
3. Change the filter; they're cheap
4. Remove and clean the hydraulic fluid strainer. There is a line going in/out of the tranny near the filter. It has a strainer that may be clogged.
5. Check condidtion of the fluid. Is it clean and clear?
6. Check the hard line hydrualics that run under the tractor; one may be pinched

That would be a good start to check those; refer to your owners manual for location of the lift adjusting knob and the hydraulic fluid strainer.

As long as you are at it, a fluid and filter change may be in order; it's cheap and certianly won't hurt anything. Check Napa; I got a WIX filter for a lot less than $40...

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift!

Ok,
Thanks guys I'll try to clear some of this up.

I have a FEL but it is not connected, my snow blower lift ram is hooked to the hydraulic accy block. That jogged my memory to get me to think to try turning the little valve that shuts off the accy block...I'll do that tomorrow.

I have tried to turn the 3pth lock knob all the way off, all the way on, and about 1/2 way in the middle... no change, no lift.

I haven't been able to find an aftermarket hydraulic filter for my tractor yet, but I will make some phone calls tomorrow

I was also wondering if not using the 3pth all winter had some how air locked it? Is there a place to bleed out the air from the hydraulic system?

I think I added enough? I will add some more tomorrow after I get a little more info and try a few of the suggestions.

<font color="blue"> </font> OOPS I Forgot about the strainer, I pulled it and it was mighty clean I drained and refilled the hydraulic last year with a new filter a little over 100 hrs ago.

Thanks again!
-John Sylvester

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift! #9  

I think the problem is going to lie in the plumbing between the tractor hyds, that diverter block, and your disconnected loader/snowblower hookup.. with emphasis on the diverter /PB block..

Even if air was somehow trapped in the lift system.. it would still pressurize, and compress.. unlike oil.. which will not compress...

good luck

Soundguy

/ HELP!! 3 Pt Hitch won't lift!

<font color="blue"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifBOY do I feel a tad on the dumb side! I turned the shut off for the accy block and I got a little movement!!!
WOOO HOOOO!!!
I took off my snowblower junk and doubled the hoses over like it usually is when the loader is off and I had FULL power lift and quick too!! I was glad to see that, now I've got to mow the lawn, its gettin kind of DEEP! I'll have to post pictures of my MODIFIED snow blower unit. It is a Kubota but I don't know what model it is or what it originally fit.

THANK YOU!!! ALL OF YOU THAT GAVE ME SUGGESTIONS IT HELPED JOG MY RATHER SLOW MEMORY!!

-John Sylvester