Fuel injector leak help please

/ Fuel injector leak help please #1  

outcrydrummer

Tractor
White Field Boss 31
So ive found a few posts but i have a white field boss 31 that leaks a constant drip from the overlow tube of what im guessing is the governor breather on the back of the injector pump.

I found a part listing in agco but parts house says the pump is discontinued........

From what i have read diesel is leaking past a seal in the injector pump and filling the lifting pump with diesel causing it to overflow while running and drip out of the governor breather line. Is this correct? The line comes from the upper back part of the injector.

So without a new replacement from agco does anyone know any other options?
Ive heard to drain it and refill with oil and i can limp it along like that.

Could anyone tell me what im suppose to drain and then fill exactly?
Sorry i have virtually no tractor experience.

/ Fuel injector leak help please #2  
So ive found a few posts but i have a white field boss 31 that leaks a constant drip from the overlow tube of what im guessing is the governor breather on the back of the injector pump.

I found a part listing in agco but parts house says the pump is discontinued........

From what i have read diesel is leaking past a seal in the injector pump and filling the lifting pump with diesel causing it to overflow while running and drip out of the governor breather line. Is this correct? The line comes from the upper back part of the injector.

So without a new replacement from agco does anyone know any other options?
Ive heard to drain it and refill with oil and i can limp it along like that.

Could anyone tell me what im suppose to drain and then fill exactly?
Sorry i have virtually no tractor experience.
I'm sorry that I can't give you a direct answer because I'm not familiar with your fuel system. Have you tried your nearest AGCO dealer or a diesel shop that repairs injector pumps?

/ Fuel injector leak help please
I tried to get a new injector pump from agco with no luck. Havent tried any local places for a rebuild yet. I did however find a few shops online that deal with those injector pumps specifically but they quoted me upwards of 600 for a rebuild......
Is that a fair price?
I also found a pump for 500 on a japanese ebay type site but im worried about getting scammed lol

/ Fuel injector leak help please #4  
Is it a fair price? 600 $ for a rebuild and calibration on a test stand seems reasonable to me, now if there just going to disassemble and replace seals and gaskets id say it's high.

Your pump has it own lube oil separate from the engine, and it should be changed occasionally.
If you could post a decent photo of the injection pump I could try to identify the fill and drain plugs for you.

I actually just found the drain and fill level plug on it. Full of fuel as expected. I drained it and filled with engine oil. Honestly im a little surprised by the lrice of a rebuild

/ Fuel injector leak help please #6  
Injection pump repair requires special test tools and training and they don't like to share trade knowledge so they can charge whatever the market will bare.
Around here it's a 1000$ Canadian for a shop just to look at a pump.

Is there is a small transfer pump mounted on the side of of your injection pump?

I dont see any sort of transfer pump bolted to the injector pump.
The price just caught me off guard since im not a diesel guy. Just seemed pretty expensive for a fuel injector pump haha.

/ Fuel injector leak help please #8  
I tried to get a new injector pump from agco with no luck. Havent tried any local places for a rebuild yet. I did however find a few shops online that deal with those injector pumps specifically but they quoted me upwards of 600 for a rebuild......
Is that a fair price?
I also found a pump for 500 on a japanese ebay type site but im worried about getting scammed lol

$600 is pretty standard shop charge to rebuild a pump. Doubtful you should have to buy a new one. Have you checked to make sure that your return to tank line isn't clogged? If you have a dealer nearby, drop by and talk to the shop people. They maybe able to give you some hints.

I havent checked the return line yet. That would be awesome if that was all it was.
Thanks

/ Fuel injector leak help please #10  
Can you send me a link of the inj. pump break down.. I'm having trouble linking which type of pump you have..
I think I can help.. TPG