Chinese Engine Overhaul Kits on Ebay

/ Chinese Engine Overhaul Kits on Ebay #1  

dumbfarmboy

Tractor
Yanmar 336D
Has anyone used these? Prices seem considerably less than what Cub/IH/MTD wants for theirs. The 7360 we got on Monday has some major piston slop in #3. Pretty good ridge at the top of the cylinder. Either need to bore out for over sized or reline with standard. So far all Asian kits are standard. I installed sleeves in my Yanmar 336D but those things were nearly 1/2" thick. The Mitsu are about 1/8".

Thanks,

/ Chinese Engine Overhaul Kits on Ebay #2  
Could be the difference of wet or dry sleeve application. If there is a US sourced part, that is the way to go. Seems like the chi-com products are always lacking. You also have to make sure your US seller is not selling chi-com parts...

/ Chinese Engine Overhaul Kits on Ebay #3  
I have had very good luck with NCW Tractor Parts, LLC for Mitsubishi parts. No experience with the Chinese Mitsubishi aftermarket parts but I can say it has been hit and miss on quality with the Chinese aftermarket Hyundai Atos parts I've bought from Aliexpress . I am going to assume your Cub has a S4L engine, if so you may find this engine service manual helpful http://ce.hhi.co.kr/eng/parts/sm/ENGINE/11.pdf

/ Chinese Engine Overhaul Kits on Ebay
On my Yanmar I could remove the oil pan with the engine in place, not so on this Cub. We got it on the ground when we ran out of time today. Still need to get the flywheel off so that I can get down to the pan. Will inspect the pistons to see if they can be reused and look at re-sleeving. I'll contact NCW tomorrow to see what they have to offer. Owner is using his tax refund to get this going so we gotta stay budget minded.

/ Chinese Engine Overhaul Kits on Ebay
Guy from NCW called back and didn't think the SL series has sleeves as he sold oversized pistons recently for an S3L. Said he will call back with quote tomorrow.