Default whinning oil pump

Have a L245 DT kubota, I think the hydraulic oil pump is going bad. Starts to whine and then goes away. When it is making noise I can feel vibration on the tractor. Everything works fine and the noise comes for a few minutes and goes away. I am not really sure if it is the pump at all. Any ideas on what I should do or just wait until pump goes bad. Is there anything I could add to oil. Only operating the three point hitch.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: whinning oil pump

Is it only whining when the 3pt is under load? if so.. it may be the relief valve you hear whining.

If it is whining before then.. invest in a hydro oil and filter change.. cheap insurance. Your oil may have water in it causing cavitation. Could also be sucking air on a suction line... and causing cavitation..

Soundguy

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Default Re: whinning oil pump

I agree with sound guy: whinning pumps usually cause of air or low fluid, water I have not seen/heard them whine but if the awter gets emulsified then it could help the air get trapped.

if it starts to growl well then feed it something. lol usually a new pump.

my best guess is same as his, filter and fluid change.

Mark M [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]