John Deere 155c Slows Down

/ John Deere 155c Slows Down #1  

smithbro

Tractor
MF 1428v
Just got a new carb for my JD 155c to fix a starting and running problem. Cranked right up and idles like a dream! When I throttled the thing up to full RPM's, it seemed not as quick to topping out (and it may not be as high) like the previous carb did. When I engaged the blades, there is a very noticeable drop in revs with no recovery. If I also take off in full drive while cutting the engine really slows and I know I could stall it with decent grass. Engine also slows going uphill with no blades engaged. New blades, greased spindles, new belt, oil change, new gas filter, fresh fuel. Did have some oil drip from the filter onto the PTO, did clean most of it off. Any ideas?

/ John Deere 155c Slows Down #2  
My guess is the governor adjustment had gotten moved or throttle link bent. To reset the static governor adjustment, loosen the clamp of the governor arm, hold the throttle shaft of the carb at wide open throttle, gently turn the governor shaft until it is at WOT and secure the clamp. I suppose that it is possible that one of the governor springs got out of place as well.

/ John Deere 155c Slows Down
Thanks! I was thinking in that area, but wasn't sure..... I've had the previous carb off several times for cleaning and I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't goof something up. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.