John Deere 970 will not start

/ John Deere 970 will not start #13  
How do you shut the tractor off?? w/ a key switch or pull cable??
If its the key switch, is the solenoid working? Just remove it, its only 2 screws.. just remember, you wont be able to shut it off if anything funky should happen.. look to see how it works, and what it pushes on before trying to start the motor..
It looks like you have an INLET and a RETURN line on the pump.. Do you have fuel coming out of the return line when you crank the engine?
IF yes.. The pump IS GETTING fuel and you need to check the shut-off solenoid, if its an electr. shut off.. and then pull the side cover..
Once the sc is removed, its self expanatory.. a couple of well place taps w/ a hammer and your home free..
Can you post pictures??

/ John Deere 970 will not start
How do you shut the tractor off?? w/ a key switch or pull cable??
If its the key switch, is the solenoid working? Just remove it, its only 2 screws.. just remember, you wont be able to shut it off if anything funky should happen.. look to see how it works, and what it pushes on before trying to start the motor..
It looks like you have an INLET and a RETURN line on the pump.. Do you have fuel coming out of the return line when you crank the engine?
IF yes.. The pump IS GETTING fuel and you need to check the shut-off solenoid, if its an electr. shut off.. and then pull the side cover..
Once the sc is removed, its self expanatory.. a couple of well place taps w/ a hammer and your home free..
Can you post pictures??

Is this a high pressure system? The fuel is a trickle coming out of the lines going to the injectors. With the lines being metal going to the injectors, it looks to me like it is a high pressure system.
Thanks for all your help!!!

/ John Deere 970 will not start #15  
Its a trickle because the rack is stuck.. take off the side cover.. & or the solenoid.

/ John Deere 970 will not start
Its a trickle because the rack is stuck.. take off the side cover.. & or the solenoid.

Finally got a chance to work on the tractor again, took the side cover off the diesel pump and got the rack unstuck and it cranked right up! Thank you so much. I tried emailing you but the email address is down today I guess.. I appreciate that so very much...
John