Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable?

/ Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable? #1  

DasSven

Tractor
John Deere 210LE
Hello all. Great forum. This is my first post.

I have a JD 210LE. I absolutely love it for scraping the property. While helping a buddy, I attempted to remove a large tree stump whereby I was using that box to push and pull the stump before I grabbed it with the 4in1 and pulled it out. BAD IDEA. I broke the weld at the leading edge of the scraper. There's a smoothing plate between the front blade and the rear blade and it's bent downward and extends about 3 inches down at the worst part. Sorry if I'm getting the parts wrong, I'm new. I believe all of these blades are replaceable. My main concern is what I believe is called the moldboard. It's the large concave piece of steel that guides the dirt upward. That piece is also bent slightly.

If I replaced the blade(s) will this bent moldboard be an issue?

This is a Cameco 284 Box Scraper / Gannon. Reallying hoping this is fixable.

Thanks everyone. IMG_2768.JPGIMG_2770.JPGIMG_2771.JPGIMG_2772.JPGIMG_2773.JPGIMG_2768.JPGIMG_2770.JPGIMG_2771.JPGIMG_2772.JPGIMG_2773.JPG

/ Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable? #2  
It looks to me like the piece of metal behind the cutting edge is bent. I'd straighten it out, weld in reinforcements and call it done

/ Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable? #3  
I agree with 4570Man. Straighten things out, weld things back together, add reinforcements. By the time you search, find, price & receive replacement parts the summer will be half over. Besides - replacement parts aren't going to fit so well while the basic implement is bent.

By the way - Welcome to TBN and the forum.

/ Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable? #4  
I agree with 4570Man. Straighten things out, weld things back together, add reinforcements. By the time you search, find, price & receive replacement parts the summer will be half over. Besides - replacement parts aren't going to fit so well while the basic implement is bent.

By the way - Welcome to TBN and the forum.

If you don't have the equipment to heat and straighten the heavy metal, contact a local welding shop . I bent my bucket on the loader and a local welding shop repaired it to "new" quality at a reasonable cost.

/ Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable? #5  
I have straightened a lot of big bent things with a hydraulic bottle jack and a chain.

/ Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable? #6  
I have straightened a lot of big bent things with a hydraulic bottle jack and a chain.

You'll likely need something to push against but this method is as simple as it gets and works well.

/ Heavy Duty Box Scraper Bent, Fixable? #7  
You'll likely need something to push against but this method is as simple as it gets and works well.
Yep, sometimes it takes a lot of rigging:

P4010003.JPG

P4010008.JPG

Sometimes, not so much:

PB190014.JPG