New Holland TC-45 brake chatter

/ New Holland TC-45 brake chatter #1  

brusew86

Tractor
NH TC45
Hi guys,

Shes got about 1200 hours on it, 2003 model. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that someone said to try a different tractor fluid and that will likely quiet them up. I assume that with 1200 hours it is very unlikely that they are actually worn or need servicing. It does have TSC fluid in it right now, think its worth putting the NH ambra back in? I would take a peek at them but it seems to be a bit of a hassle to.

/ New Holland TC-45 brake chatter #2  
Most tractors I've owned have some kind of noise from the brakes. I doubt the fluid makes a difference. Do the brakes stop the tractor?

/ New Holland TC-45 brake chatter
Yes it stops fine. Thing is, it only started doing it a few years ago. May have been around the time I changed the fluid, but not sure ( also am not sure what kind of fluid I took out). Just a bit paranoid they are worn and bad things are happening, but good to hear noise is not uncommon.

/ New Holland TC-45 brake chatter #4  
I had a JD backhoe 410C. The brakes chattered with any aftermarket oil I put in it. Had to run Hygard JD oil so it didn't chatter. It wasn't worth the 10$ difference for a 5 gallon so Hygard it was for the old girl.

/ New Holland TC-45 brake chatter
I had a JD backhoe 410C. The brakes chattered with any aftermarket oil I put in it. Had to run Hygard JD oil so it didn't chatter. It wasn't worth the 10$ difference for a 5 gallon so Hygard it was for the old girl.

I think Ill give the factory fluid a try. I wish I could remember if the noise started around when I changed the fluid but I just cant remember.......