International DTA360 in frame rebuild, how bad are these sleeves?

/ International DTA360 in frame rebuild, how bad are these sleeves? #1  

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40 DA, Deere 17D, Hyster SX50 forklift, Case D450, Kubota ZD1011-54, International Dump Truck, Kubota SVL-952S, Volovo EC250DL
Due to a large amount of water in the oil, I'm doing an in frame on a DTA360. This is the first time I've ever worked on any type of sleeved diesel so, while I can see clearly that I've got cavitation and corrosion damage, I'm not sure if it's bad enough to have caused my problems or if I need to keep looking for another cause. The cylinder bores in the block are shiny and feel smooth in the area sealed by the o-rings, so I'm hopeful that it's ok. I was just hoping that when I popped these sleeves put, I'd either see a clear perforation or a torn o-ring. Without that, I'm kind of worried I may have bigger problems.

What do those of you with more experience think based on the photos?
d4a05f3d0584d6157179dd786a8816cf.jpg
9abfdddbb01b7039f9d6fb34962de7b8.jpg

/ International DTA360 in frame rebuild, how bad are these sleeves? #2  
I would need to look closer but cavitation happens on the hot side of the sleeves or towards the inside of the block. I do see signs of it but I can't tell by the pictures if it has gotten around the o-ring.. The pitting would go around the o-ring which is where you get the loss of coolant to the base. On severe cases we have also seen it hurt the block. Cobbers have filled the cavitation with J-B weld or something similar and then dropped the sleeves back in at 180 degree's and run them off to auctions from what we have found with a few we took apart but that is not my cup of tea!