help-airing up filled tires??

/ help-airing up filled tires?? #1  

BWS

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l3830 hst/723 fel
do i need a special gauge??i have the stem to the top but when i try to bleed,all i get is calcium??what psi should i run in the front and rears on a l3830 kubota?book says 20 all the way around but this seems real light in the front?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ help-airing up filled tires?? #2  
Sounds like to much CaCl. Should run 2/3rds full. 20 psi is ok unless you have a loader. When rolling over objects with heavy load could cut tire.

/ help-airing up filled tires?? #3  
If you have the valve stem on top (12 o'clock) and a jack under the axle, lifting just enough to take all the weight off the wheel, and you still gave liquid coming out, then I'd let all that liquid out; i.e., drain it down to that point. And then, yes, you can buy liquid/air gauges that don't really look any different than the air gauge, and the price isn't much different either. I think most auto parts stores and places like Tractor Supply Co. have them. Personally, if it were me, and I had calcium in the tires, I'd wash the gauge out a bit with clean water after using it.

/ help-airing up filled tires??
thanks,this is our first tractor and tommorow we move it to the farm where theres no power [yet] so adjusting air pressure is dificult.i dont know why the dealer would over fill with calcium??bws

/ help-airing up filled tires?? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( we move it to the farm where theres no power [yet] so adjusting air pressure is dificult )</font>

Since I couldn't do without an air compressor, if there was no power, I'd consider buying one of the gasoline powered compressors, but if you're going to have power there eventually and won't need a portable compressor, then I'd consider one of the 12 volt compressors for airing up tires.