What's this part called?

/ What's this part called? #1  

Fastball

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2900
Hi all...not sure of the proper terminology here, so bear with me.
Was just hooking up my dad's finishing mower onto his three-point, and I noticed that one of of the mower's pins slid easily into the ball, but the other side seems to be a bit bent. It's like the arm got twisted a bit, so instead of being directy east-west, the pin is a bit cockeyed and won't line up directly without pivoting the mower around. I'm not sure what the arm is called (it's the A-frame triangular bit closest to the tractor with the pins at each side and the top link at the top) I've tried to Google the mower parts, and all I get is "hitch weldment".
Is it possible or feasible to bend that arm (it's almost a half-inch thick) somehow that the pin goes directly east-west, or should one try to re-order that arm?
Sorrybfir the vagueness of the terminology.

/ What's this part called? #2  
Arm or 'shoulder' is as good a name as any. I'm fairly confident that if you took both sides (the good one for comparison) to a metal/smash-repair shop in Kelowna or Penticton that they'd be able to straighten it.

Name ref:

Attachments

• ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg
    ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 109
   / What's this part called? #3  
A picture or two would help. The ball sockets on a three point allow for a certain amount of misalignment. If it isn't bent too bad it may not need to be "fixed" at all.

Doug in SW IA

/ What's this part called?
A picture or two would help. The ball sockets on a three point allow for a certain amount of misalignment. If it isn't bent too bad it may not need to be "fixed" at all.

Doug in SW IA

Honestly, it looks like the implement was pulled forward a bit on one pin, and it yanked a little bit out of alignment. I'm thinking about just reversing the process...attaching the one arm and giving it a wee shove in reverse.

/ What's this part called? #5  
Yep, it will work fine with a bent pin. Hook up that side first.

Cat2 bolt Cat1 pin.jpg

/ What's this part called? #6  
My finish mower frame got bent once, have the same issue. Pin isn't bent, the triangle frame is bent. I can still hook up.

/ What's this part called?
My finish mower frame got bent once, have the same issue. Pin isn't bent, the triangle frame is bent. I can still hook up.

How's about with a quick hitch? Even though it's a tad cock-eyed, do you think she'd drop in nice and easy?
Anyways, I disconnected everything today and administered a session of BFH, I think she's a bit better.

/ What's this part called? #8  
I don't have quick hitch, that might be a problem.

/ What's this part called? #9  
For straightening that, a big cresent wrench or a big pipe wrench with a piece of tubing slipped over the handle for more leverage, works super gooder. :thumbsup: