Silver Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA270F, Yanmar YM1510D, Mitsubishi MT2201D

Default Universal Throttle Cable Source

I broke the threaded end of my throttle control cable sheath on my tractor. Does someone know where I can order a new sheath for a specific length, or perhaps a universal kit of sorts to build a custom cable?

Tractor
    Fullsized JCB Loader/Backhoe

Default Re: Universal Throttle Cable Source

Quick answer "no".

I use to own a 1969 Mercedes 280 SL. There was a lever that released the removable hardtop and/or released the boot cover depending on which way you pulled it.

The cable broke..went to dealer to replace, he said none in stock, but could have for me in a day. "Fine"..."how much" I asked?

He shrugged shoulders, said probably $10.00..... fine..order it.

2 Days later, I return to pick up... he blushes.... seems it wasn't $10, but $100 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] For a 4' sheathed cable. I handed it back to him, told him he could keep it. I then went to a local hardware store and for like $7.00, bought a lawn mower throttle cable.

Worked like a charm. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I'm not suggesting that a lawn mower throttle cable might work for you... but it might be worth giving "that angle" a try. I'd take what you have in with me, see if you can match it up lengthwise.

Richard

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX1500

If you have a bicycle, or motorcycle shop near by you might see if they have something that would work. A lot of bike cables have threaded ends and you might find something that would work.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA270F, Yanmar YM1510D, Mitsubishi MT2201D

It is amazing to me that something so simple is so hard to find. I drilled a hole through a bolt to make a bulkhead connector with the passage for the cable. I plan to drill a hole in metal round such that the sheath fits snugly inside. Then I will weld the metal round to the bolt head and glue or crimp it to the sheath.