Universal Throttle Cable Source

/ Universal Throttle Cable Source #1  

htiek126

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TA270F, Yanmar YM1510D, Mitsubishi MT2201D
I broke the threaded end of my throttle control cable sheath on my tractor. Does someone know where I can order a new sheath for a specific length, or perhaps a universal kit of sorts to build a custom cable?

/ Universal Throttle Cable Source #2  
Quick answer "no".

I use to own a 1969 Mercedes 280 SL. There was a lever that released the removable hardtop and/or released the boot cover depending on which way you pulled it.

The cable broke..went to dealer to replace, he said none in stock, but could have for me in a day. "Fine"..."how much" I asked?

He shrugged shoulders, said probably $10.00..... fine..order it.

2 Days later, I return to pick up... he blushes.... seems it wasn't $10, but $100 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif For a 4' sheathed cable. I handed it back to him, told him he could keep it. I then went to a local hardware store and for like $7.00, bought a lawn mower throttle cable.

Worked like a charm. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm not suggesting that a lawn mower throttle cable might work for you... but it might be worth giving "that angle" a try. I'd take what you have in with me, see if you can match it up lengthwise.

Richard

/ Universal Throttle Cable Source #3  
If you have a bicycle, or motorcycle shop near by you might see if they have something that would work. A lot of bike cables have threaded ends and you might find something that would work.

/ Universal Throttle Cable Source
It is amazing to me that something so simple is so hard to find. I drilled a hole through a bolt to make a bulkhead connector with the passage for the cable. I plan to drill a hole in metal round such that the sheath fits snugly inside. Then I will weld the metal round to the bolt head and glue or crimp it to the sheath.