What kind of clutches do tractors use?

/ What kind of clutches do tractors use? #1  

ILikeTractors1

Tractor
Looking to Buy
Hi, I am researching more information on the powertrain system in tractors. What type of clutch does a traditional tractor use? I am trying to find information on the cost, time in between maintenance, and the overall lifetime.

For cars, I know clutches usually cost under 300$ but have seen in other forums that tractor clutches are closer to $1000 (parts only). Any idea why this is and what the difference between the clutches are? Thanks!

/ What kind of clutches do tractors use? #2  
Size, two stage etc makes them more expensive, more modern designs make use of multiplate clutches in oil bath.

/ What kind of clutches do tractors use? #3  
It would help if you told us more about the size and age of the kind of tractor you're looking for and what you want to do it. Many of the older tractors had simple one stage clutches where the wheels and clutch both stopped when the clutch was depressed. They required less work and parts to replace than the modern two stage clutches. Aside from that most tractors require being split in half to have the clutch replaced. This requires more time and equipment and is a pain in my book.