Old Ford Brush Hog

/ Old Ford Brush Hog #1  

rooster65

Tractor
Ford 8N
I am a 1947 8N owner. Just got it going again after 7 years of dormancy in the barn! Question is in regards to my 50 something (thinking 57) Ford Brush Hog. I am attaching a photo. The shaft inside the gear box broke. Upon taking it to my local know how guy, he removed the piece and promptly told me I was out of luck. It appears mine is built as one piece (shaft attached to gears) but as you will see on a manual page I found, it appears they are separate parts.I would prefer to NOT scrap this old machine. Can you tell me how to either get parts for it, show me where or tell me I am indeed doomed. Thank you very much for any help or information.
Not sure if photo is attached or not....

photoFORDbh1.jpg

/ Old Ford Brush Hog #2  
Im not sure where you could get parts but a good machine shop can fix that

/ Old Ford Brush Hog #3  
   / Old Ford Brush Hog
Thanks for your time and help guys. Yeah, looks like it's time to adapt to a new one. I'm guessing I will have to drill out all new mounting holes as mine has six. All new ones have 4. Thanks again..

/ Old Ford Brush Hog #5  
   / Old Ford Brush Hog
I saw that Steave, thanks. And did the math for all the other parts needed to purchase. And as I said before, the photo I took of the entire part, it all appears to be built into one part and that is what my Mennonite mechanic told me as well and I trust him fully. So yeah, I guess the only option I would have is to find one that someone else has lying around and will allow me to strip parts or, adapt the deck. It is a shame, they really dont make things like they used to. It seems to be made of battleship steel compared to the new ones. Again, I appreciate everyone's help. If you know of anyone who happens to have one laying around their farm, who wants to sell, please let me know.