Odd Sized Wheel Bearing Dust Cap

/ Odd Sized Wheel Bearing Dust Cap #1  

Bucky4

Silver Member
Tractor
'03 L3130, '06 BX24, '11 RTV1100
I didn't know where to ask this question, so it goes in this forum.....

I'm trying to find a wheel bearing dust cap for my homemade utility trailer. The trailer is made from the front axle of a 1960's 3/4 ton Chevy (I think?) pickup. It's just slightly larger than the standard. 1.98" dust cap. I haven't measured it, but I'd guess it measures somewhere between 2-1/16 - 2-1/8 inches.

I've checked all the local repair shops, auto parts stores and the local (and not so local) junkyards without luck. (Obviously, or I wouldn't be posting this message!)

Does anyone know the exact size of this cap or have any suggestions as to where I might try to locate one? I'm sure it was a standard size back then, but it's been frustrating trying to locate one now.

Thanks,

bucky4

/ Odd Sized Wheel Bearing Dust Cap #3  
Check www.motormite.com and go to the motormite catalog section. Click on Axle/Spndl Hdwr then Wheel Hub dust caps.

I found this that appears to probably be the size that you are looking for:

Item Number: 618-102
Description: Wheel Hub Dust Caps
Brand: DORMAN

Detail Buyers Guide

Attributes:
Diameter : Diameter: 2-3/32" (53.19mm)
Applications : GM 2002-69

I then did a google search for Dorman 618-102 and found this Link
Hope this helps.

Kurt

/ Odd Sized Wheel Bearing Dust Cap #5  
I have the same requirement fora wheel bearing dust cap. Did you ever find a source? Advise

Thanks

/ Odd Sized Wheel Bearing Dust Cap #6  
Not seeing any pictures of it but don't they sell rubber dust caps that would stretch to fit over the bearing hump for your application? Then if you wanted to make sure it stayed use a hose clamp to hold it on.

Last edited:
   / Odd Sized Wheel Bearing Dust Cap #7  
Since its on a trailer, ever think of a spray can lid?

/ Odd Sized Wheel Bearing Dust Cap #8  
I found quite an assortment at a trailer supply place. Mine was not standard for an automobile but standard for a heavy trailer.....
Was able to do away with my milkshake container.....