tire inflator part

/ tire inflator part #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
OK, this is an odd request. I picked up a tire inflator at a yard sale. The kind you can get at HF for 6 bucks. I paid 2, just because. Anyway it leaked at the screw behind the valve/trigger. Found the screw was actually cracked. He offered my money back, but I figured I could fix that pretty easy, while practicing my brazing skills using one of those "little torch" deals I inherited.

Wrong.

After having to refurbish the hose set, swap the tanks (so old I had to pay a refurb fee), getting fresh flux, etc. I was ready. To be done in. What ever metal it was made of (looked like brass), I just barely got the flux to "flow" when the screw "sagged". End of story.

Now I'm on a mission to find a replacement screw. Same size as the HF part actually, but they don't seem to list parts for theirs. Too cheap to bother, I guess.

Anyone have a clue where I could get one?

/ tire inflator part #2  
Can you post a picture of the inflator?

/ tire inflator part
Can you post a picture of the inflator?

I grabbed this from HF site. The blue arrow points at the part. It's just a screw with an O-ring seal, with a "recess" in it for the lever return spring to sit in.

Capture.JPG

/ tire inflator part #4  
I know where at least one of those type inflators are at in a junk pile with some others at the station I can look and see if it has the screw , if so you can have it.