Ford3000 not starting

/ Ford3000 not starting #1  

brumer0

Tractor
Ford 3000
Hi,
Saturday I started up my Ford3000 with no issue, drove over to my mowing deck, turned the tractor off so I could safely hook up the deck, and proceeded to start the tractor. It turned but wouldn't start.

Fuel level is fine, and I just bled the lines just in case. Fuel flowed out of the filter and fuel pump. I tried to jump it to rule out the battery. I don't have an easy way to pull it and pop the clutch. I sprayed brake cleaner in the air intake and there was no difference in the starting.

What's next?

Thank you for any help!!

/ Ford3000 not starting #2  
Hi,
Saturday I started up my Ford3000 with no issue, drove over to my mowing deck, turned the tractor off so I could safely hook up the deck, and proceeded to start the tractor. It turned but wouldn't start.

Fuel level is fine, and I just bled the lines just in case. Fuel flowed out of the filter and fuel pump. I tried to jump it to rule out the battery. I don't have an easy way to pull it and pop the clutch. I sprayed brake cleaner in the air intake and there was no difference in the starting.

What's next?

?

Thank you for any help!!

Need more info! Diesel or gasser?

/ Ford3000 not starting #3  
Need more info! Diesel or gasser?

I'm going to guess gasser as he mentioned fuel pump.

How fast did it turn over? If your battery was marginal the starting and short run may have depleted what charge you had to the point you couldn't roll the engine and develop decent spark simultaneously. If that's not the problem you could have flooded it if you shut it off at high rpm, or starved it if it is a choke lover and didn't come back with some choke since it didn't have time to get up to operating temp. Last but not least, stale gas. Was water in your filter bowl?

/ Ford3000 not starting #4  
I'm going to guess diesel as brumer0 stated "bled the lines". If it's a diesel what type inj pump does it have(rotary or inline)? Do you have a good flow of fuel from tank to inj pump?

/ Ford3000 not starting
Thanks for your replys!

It is a diesel. There was good flow at the filter but I missed the requirement to bleed it at the injectors. Since it was running fine and never ran out of fuel I'm kinda thinking it's actually electrical. I picked up a 'new' battery yesterday with 1050CCA but it must've sat on the shelf for a while bc the tractor wouldn't even rollover w this battery and it's now sitting on the charger (can't complain too much, got it for $75 at the local Ag store bc they stopped carrying that brand).

At this point I really don't have time to work on it and I may just have to unfortunately pay somebody to come work on it. I also decided I don't have time to mess w this junk and plan on selling a kidney this winter for an almost-new tractor :(

/ Ford3000 not starting
I've had this thing for 2 months and it really has only been problems. I paid too much for it, I'm tired, and I'm about to set fire to everything bc I'm exhausted.

#givingup

Thanks for your previous thoughts and help.