pto

/ pto #1  

idahowx

Tractor
John Deere 3039r
I have a drive shaft that I can't remove from the pto spline.
Cannot depress the button on the Ujoint.
On a Branson 3510.
Any ideas?
Thanks. Dave

/ pto #2  
Presume you mean that pressing the pin will not let U slide the shaft off.
That indicates lack of maintenance or some crud in there,
Try shooting some fluids like WD40 or others product to soften or dissolve the crud.
Even gas or diesel might do thick.
Maybe wait a while to let the solvent to work.

Good luck.

/ pto #3  
Use the fluid like PILOON says. The last one I had that had a stuck button, besides fluid, I drilled a 3/8" hole in the bottom of the plastic shield and used a punch and a hammer to give the button a whack. That freed the button up.

gg

/ pto
I have a drive shaft that I can't remove from the pto spline.
Cannot depress the button on the Ujoint.
On a Branson 3510.
Any ideas?
Thanks. Dave

Sorry, I should elaborate. I had the snow blower on the hitch and backed down a slight incline. The blower dug into the earth and evidently jammed the drive shaft into the pto spline.
I'm concerned that I may damage the pto if I try prying too hard to get the drive shaft off.
Thanks.
Dave

/ pto #5  
Doesn't seem to make sense to me. The blower is mounted on the 3PH? It's therefore effectively fixed in a position...

The PTO shaft has a sliding joint so it's unlikely to get forced/jammed anywhere.

Remove blower and rear half of PTO shaft. You can then rotate the coupling around until you can access it easily (most probably from underneath) and some tapping with a light hammer should free the 'button'? Liberal WD40...

:wrench: