Anyone know what this elecrical part is

/ Anyone know what this elecrical part is #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
This is not factory, at least I don't think so. It is located coming off my Deutz 1011F Series engine off an alternator wire. The wire that was nutted to it at th bottom had vibration broken off and I have reinstalled the device, but like I said, not sure its purpose

Attachments

• IMG_4391.jpg
    IMG_4391.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 224
   / Anyone know what this elecrical part is #2  
This is not factory, at least I don't think so. It is located coming off my Deutz 1011F Series engine off an alternator wire. The wire that was nutted to it at th bottom had vibration broken off and I have reinstalled the device, but like I said, not sure its purpose

looks like a switch or sensor...I have a Deutz F3L1011 I may have a parts list will look see...

/ Anyone know what this elecrical part is #3  
Yes... it is a diode, guessing about 35 amps and often used to replace the old mechanical generator cut-out with 6 volt charging systems.

Being solid state it eliminates the cut-out points that wear with each make or break contact.

I've converted hundreds of Early Ford Generator cut-outs to solid state this way...

Without a cut-out of another device in line the battery would discharge through the generator anytime the generator output is less than the battery... so a real problem when the engine is off.

/ Anyone know what this elecrical part is #4  
Yes... it is a diode, guessing about 35 amps and often used to replace the old mechanical generator cut-out with 6 volt charging systems.

Being solid state it eliminates the cut-out points that wear with each make or break contact.

I've converted hundreds of Early Ford Generator cut-outs to solid state this way...

Without a cut-out of another device in line the battery would discharge through the generator anytime the generator output is less than the battery... so a real problem when the engine is off.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Roger that...diode is like a check valve...

/ Anyone know what this elecrical part is
Thanks guys. But this is kinda weird. This is a modern 12volt. Or 2002 Modern.

I guess as it is not hurting anything I will let it play... Except my system is a 65AMP alternator and I do pull some serious juice when I hae all the lights going and everything else.

/ Anyone know what this elecrical part is #6  
Did you buy new?

It sure sounds like someone did some aftermarket modification.

Maybe the alternator was draining the battery?

35 amp is just a guess because this is the size I use... bought in 50 lot quantities.