Where do you guys buy hardware.

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I went to Tractor Supply this evening to buy some grade 8 bolts and other such hardware. Bins were a mess. Wrong parts in wrong bins. Empty bins, etc. Very frustrating. Lowes was next door. Exact same problem. Left both places without the hardware I needed.

Where do you guys buy high grade hardware? Any online resources?

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #2  
Rural King for a chain if they are near you. Next to that, most dealers have bulk bins that cost a little more but they have the bolts. Online too expensive to ship so default, if no Rural King or other chain, is the dealer. For me , Tractor Supply is sometimes an option and most will price bolts OK but I prefer elsewhere.

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #3  
Graingers, McMaster-Carr, TSC, Runnings, Lowes, and HD are most popular around my area. I do have couple local places, Rural bolt and Hiawatha Fasteners which is where I usually go as the first bunch mentioned have limited stock on hand. Both have websites and fasteners / hardware can be ordered online. Hardware shipping costs may be a deal buster.

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #4  
Ace hardware gets my business. They have a good selection of odd stuff also.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Where do you guys buy hardware. #6  
Ace for quick stuff. Fastenal on line for quantities.

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #7  
Ace, Lowes, Home Depot, JD, Kubota, NH, Cat - this is one area where there are plenty of local sources.

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #8  
I heard a HD manager telling his "associates"...that 'Home Depot' "WAS NOT A HARDWARE STORE"...FWIW...!

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #9  
Ive bought stuff from Amazon a lot cheaper than HD & lowes.

/ Where do you guys buy hardware. #10  
There is a store called Aquidneck Fasteners in Fall River, MA. As its name would imply, it sells only fasteners. They're my go-to if I need something unusual or more than a couple of a routine item. If they don't have it someone on the Internet will, although I find hardware to be very expensive online.