blowing #2 Fuse for Alternator, Safety Start Circuit on a TC33DA

/ blowing #2 Fuse for Alternator, Safety Start Circuit on a TC33DA #1  

Hillsherbfarm

Tractor
New Holland TC33DA
Family had this New Holland TC33DA since new in 2006. No issues. Tractor was getting hard to start. Recently took out battery, cleaned, topped off with water and reinstalled. Did not start. Checked fuses and the 10 amp Safety Start Circuit, Alternator was blown. Installed new fuse and blew that. Checked operator's manual and it said to make sure that when putting in a battery that the positive terminal goes on first. OK not sure so I disconnect battery, install a new 10 amp fuse and hook up positive first and then negative. Tractor starts. All functions are normal no lights on. Use tractor to cut lawns. Next day tractor would not start. 10 amp Safety Start Circuit, Alternator fuse is blown again. Thinking something about reverse polarity I disconnect the battery, install a new fuse, hook up positive then negative. Tractor starts. Now I am more puzzled. Need to buy a lot more fuses. Anyone have an idea ??

/ blowing #2 Fuse for Alternator, Safety Start Circuit on a TC33DA #2  
First buy a cheap multimeter which is critical in diagnosing electrical problems.

Tzbe974.jpg

If you have a wiring diagram plse post it.

Some starter solenoids have a diode wired in parallel to bleed off high voltage spikes.

Connecting a battery backwards will fry the diode in an instant.

deM4Heu.jpg

yJhNQ4L.jpg

jXklLij.jpg

Dave M7040