Help with finding Rotary Cutter Blade Bolt/Nut or Alternative

/ Help with finding Rotary Cutter Blade Bolt/Nut or Alternative #1  

jclaudii

Silver Member
Tractor
MF35, Kubota7040, Case885, Ford 1100
I have an old Servis Sat6 bushog and when I pulled the blades and carrier off for inspection and sharpening earlier this year I noticed I need at least one new nut for the blade bolt as it has mushroomed. Servis is now owned by Rhino AG and as I was able to find some factory options. Funny thing is, I would think I would be able to locate a nut fairly easily but perhaps I'm not searching in the right places.

Here are the blade bolt facts:
3/4 inch bolt, LH thread 16 tpi, 3 inches long, one inch blade hole "flange"
Here is a Kit I found, but I'm not sure about the company yet. This may be the way I go as 11 bucks for new bolts AND lock nuts is a great deal. Their shipping option is about 14 bucks though for two bolts LOL!
BLADE BOLT KIT-SERVICE/RHINO | Rotary Cutter Supply
a d
Part #'s:
Kit: B36107A2ALH
BOLT# 125-908
NUT# 5GL12160
Nut Other - A-7A5512

All attempts to find the kit locally have failed or even find it for a decent price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I went to my local fastener (not fastenal) store and they sold me a nut that fit the bolt, but the markings on the nut a "i" lead me to believe it is Grade 1. It is also not a Locknut either.

Thanks for the Nut Help. I'll get some pics to show the damage to the nut.

/ Help with finding Rotary Cutter Blade Bolt/Nut or Alternative #2  
Your nut is likely a grade 5, or "standard", bit of hardware.

/ Help with finding Rotary Cutter Blade Bolt/Nut or Alternative
Here is the nut that was sold to me by my Local Bolt/Nut shop.
20170825_084319.jpg

Here you can see the Rusty Nut that has the mushroomed end. It appears to be a locking nut with two triangle looking indention's on opposite sides. The new nuts screw all the way on very easily and without a lock washer they may vibrate loose over time. Even with Locktite on this particular application I would be worried.
1503668803780.jpeg

/ Help with finding Rotary Cutter Blade Bolt/Nut or Alternative #6  
Here you can see the Rusty Nut that has the mushroomed end. It appears to be a locking nut with two triangle looking indention's on opposite sides. The new nuts screw all the way on very easily and without a lock washer they may vibrate loose over time. Even with Locktite on this particular application I would be worried.
View attachment 519769
With properly applied Loctite I wouldn't worry. Heck, use red Loctite if you are worried—but you may need to heat it to remove it!

Just bumping this up for those who have more fastener knowledge than I. I returned the nuts I got at my local bolt/nut store. I'm hoping someone knows of another brand nut that would work like a woods, bushhog, etc.