international 784 power steering

/ international 784 power steering #1  

ih784

I have an International 784 that needs to have the power steering cylinder rebuilt. I have a couple of questions. Will the lines need to be capped off while I repack the cylinders? I'm aware that debris may enter the system if I don't. My concern is that will it continue to drain hydraulic fluid other than what's in the lines? Anyone with any advice on re packing these guys is much appreciated to chime in lol.
Thank you so much in advance!

/ international 784 power steering #2  
With the tractor off, you can safely disconnect the power steering cylinder and you'll only lose what's in the lines. Capping can't hurt, but I've done it before without capping and haven't had any issues. Once the cylinder is rebuilt, attach it and work the steering wheel to work out the air gaps and you should be good to go.

/ international 784 power steering
Cool, thank you. I have rod wipers that go on the end. I've already cracked one. Any idea on how to pop them in place? Also, there is a white Teflon? Ring that goes on the piston. I stretched it out a little while installing it. Now it seems a little tight going into the cylinder bore. Any ideas for these two issues are appreciated. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg