Seized rusted engine

/ Seized rusted engine #21  
As mentioned, the piston and liners will probably need to come out together if you can't get them to turn over after soaking with Kroil, PB Blaster or whatever choice. Soaking takes time, bumping it over is best using the ring gear but don't break a tooth off.
Allis B, C and CA engines were bad about getting water down the exhaust pipe when left outside. Doesn't take much water to ruin and engine. I have a dozen or so out back with motors in the same shape.
David from jax

/ Seized rusted engine #22  
I had bought a 47 Farmall H once that was in similar shape. The 50/50 mix was poured directly on top of each piston about an inch deep or so and covered up with a tarp over the motor.
Whenever I walked by I'd make sure there was a little bit standing in each cylinder. And I left an old prybar leaning against the tractor that I'd try to nudge the ring gear teeth with one way or the other.
Seems like it took about three weeks of this scientific approach and I got a surprise on day when it moved!
Motor ended up being too far gone vs replacing it with another I had ran across.

PB Blaster and SeaFoam are the two favorite penetrating oils here.

This is the same method used by my uncle on an old John Deere. Time is one aspect of the process that seems to be forgotten. Give the stuff time to work, it didn't rust together in one hour, why should it get derusted in less time.

Doug in SW IA

/ Seized rusted engine
Still working on that rust. I have a bottle jack under one rod and hoping that will work. Using Blaster at the moment and am giving it a few raps daily with a wooden block. Hey guys for an 82 year old I can't waste too much time on this one. I still have a C model that I have to pick up and that will be in much better shape. Hopefully I'll get it running without too much pain.

Paul in Eastern OK.

/ Seized rusted engine #24  
You also might try letting the solvent do its thing then let it evaporate and then apply heat, let it cool down and then re-soak with whatever solvent. Sometimes the expansion and contraction from a heat cycle helps.

/ Seized rusted engine
Wow, I'm getting a boatload of good advise on this site. I just might get that thing running yet.

/ Seized rusted engine #26  
Put the wide front from the B on the C and call it good...?

/ Seized rusted engine #27  
Here I am!
The first of the WD-40 haters.
I suggest that the WD-40 be poured in a glass, and mixed with some very poor quality rum (don't drink it ....just throw it

Come come now, it does have some good stuff it can be used for. A fisherman friend up in Alaska used to get it in large quantities for prepping halibut bait, said it worked amazingly well. Another use is for cleaning old vinyl flooring before cementing down a new layer of flooring.:laughing:

/ Seized rusted engine #28  
WD-40 is the greatest hand cleaner. Even if it doesn't break loose your seized Pistons at least you'll be able to wash the grease off your hands!

/ Seized rusted engine
That would be a new thought.

/ Seized rusted engine #30  
WD-40 is the greatest hand cleaner. Even if it doesn't break loose your seized Pistons at least you'll be able to wash the grease off your hands!

I completely agree. It works really well.