Old disc wheel hub/bearing replacement

/ Old disc wheel hub/bearing replacement #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
I purchased an old disc, and I need 2 replacement hubs or bearings for these hubs.

The current hubs are 4 lug and I'd rather have 5 lug simply for convenience in finding 2 more wheels.

I pulled the hub, and the replacement hubs I've found are all tapered. However the spindle on the disc is straight, but not uniformly. There is a step in the middle. I haven't seen bearings that either fit the hub or the spindle. But, I've never seen this type of spindle and don't know where I'd go to get them or what to ask about.

I pulled the remainder of that bearing off after this pic.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_4950.JPG

/ Old disc wheel hub/bearing replacement #2  
That's not part of the bearing race?................Mike

/ Old disc wheel hub/bearing replacement #3  
You will never find parts based on that picture so stop wasteing time bearingtrying. It may not be easy finding bearings for old hubs but easier than finding hubs with 5 holes and bearings. The "ONLY" ways of finding what you need is going off numbers etched or stamped on old bearings(assuming they were correct to begain with),a mic and a patient plus competent parts man with a comperhinsive catalog. Once you know part #s for original bearings,and still want to try for 5 hole hubs,you'll need bearing #s for those hubs ( there are hundereds ). A good parts man can figure out the 3rd bearing #s by using both sets. As if you haven't already figured this out,there are different bolt circles amoung 4 hole and 5 hole wheels. That only add's another layer of difficulty in doing this. If all else fails,consider welding new spindles on the rake. Norther Tool stock's weld on spindles.

/ Old disc wheel hub/bearing replacement #4  
You said in another post that one of the four hubs had already been replaced with a new 5 lug hub, if your wanting to convert the other three then I would take apart the five lug hub and if the spindle is original (Same as the other three your wanting to replace) then get all the part numbers and /or measurements off that one, for the bearings , seals , and hub. Then you will have all four that match.

/ Old disc wheel hub/bearing replacement #5