PTO

/ PTO #1  

king1010

Tractor
Massey 230(1978)
I have MF 230 1978. I am trying to replace the PTO seal. I have taking off the plate. How do I get the seal out? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ PTO #2  
I'm not familar with your situation, but now that I re-read the question I'm wondering if it's one of those press in seals?

If so, there is a tool you might be able to use, probably called a seal puller? sort of a J shaped tool where the tip of the J hooks on one side & as you lever it back, it pulls/works the seal out of the seat.

If that's the kind of seal (and therefor tool) you have/need... you can get one pretty cheap I think (under $45,000 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) at local hardware/auto store.

I bought one when I redid my dirtbike engine & it's just been laying around since then.

If that's not it, then I'm clueless... (maybe post pics?)

Good luck

/ PTO #3  
Is the seal pressed into the cover or in the housing?

/ PTO #4  
Normally you can drive a punch in it and pry it out, or drill a hole in it and pry it out with a screwdriver. Any way you do it, you can't save it.

/ PTO #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If that's the kind of seal (and therefor tool) you have/need... you can get one pretty cheap I think (under $45,000 ) at local hardware/auto store.
)</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If that's what you consider cheap, I'd hate to see what you think is expensive! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PTO #6  
He obviously lives in a different tax bracket than me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PTO #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( If that's the kind of seal (and therefor tool) you have/need... you can get one pretty cheap I think (under $45,000 ) at local hardware/auto store.
)

If that's what you consider cheap, I'd hate to see what you think is expensive!
)</font>

I thought that the posted price point, covered a variety of qualatative brands... from the home made widgit to perhaps an over engineered German made precision grappler...

My budget is the widgit, but I always try to not put MY value on others, so I kept the door open for him so he'd not be humilated with my brand of widgetry

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif