Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise

/ Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise #1  

bluesbass

Tractor
Kubota B7800HST
Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum. I have a B7800 HST with 950 hours on it, and recently had to rebuild the front end axle pivot point bushings. After reassembly, I am having chatter or noise from the front axle. I have adjusted the pivot point pressure bolt but didn't fix the noise. I also loosed the 4 bolts on the axle case mounting flanges, and squeezed the flanges together around the axle case with a large C-clamp, then re-torqued the mounting bolts. I have less chatter now, but still have it.

Any experience or ideas?

/ Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise
Thanks. Did that, and did the adjustments discussed in some posts for the axle pivot, but still chatter. Are you aware of someone having this problem on the forum that you could direct me to. Maybe I'm not searching correctly.

/ Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise #4  
I'm going to get in trouble and create a fire storm. I will not mention brand name, but my final drive were rebuilt twice. 13 months after the second rebuild it developed a chatter similar to what your describing and the front differential shelled. Hope that is not your problem. Do you use a front end loader a lot? Front end loaders are hard on front axles. Dealer and field rep finally came clean after third rebuild. People hate my tractor story but it is what it is.

/ Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise
I'm going to get in trouble and create a fire storm. I will not mention brand name, but my final drive were rebuilt twice. 13 months after the second rebuild it developed a chatter similar to what your describing and the front differential shelled. Hope that is not your problem. Do you use a front end loader a lot? Front end loaders are hard on front axles. Dealer and field rep finally came clean after third rebuild. People hate my tractor story but it is what it is.

Thanks for the reply. I do use the FEL quite a bit. I never take it off, but I mostly cut grass for about 6 hours/week. It was did not chatter until I rebuilt the bushings on the pivot because they were squeaking and squealing every time it would pivot. I'm sure I put it back together correctly per the shop manual. I hope it's not going to explode. Thanks for the info.

/ Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise #6  
Hey, one more thing. I'm not exactly sure how a Kubota is up. You might raise the tractor up. The front axle should.pivot up and down. Check and see if it moves back and forth. If it moves back and forth something is wrong somewhere
That axle should be firm and solid. I know a guy who apparently had some bolt work loose or something under there. Any way his front axle got sloppy and by the time he caught it, he had done ruined his front differential.

/ Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise #7  
Can you explain how Pivot wear in either axis impacts on the Differential and causes it to wear? :confused:

/ Kubota B7800 Front Axle Chatter noise #8  
Ooofh, none of these sound like fun things! Hope you got it figured out - and if you have to get things replaced, ACV or RockyMtn are both good options for aftermarket parts.