1972 ford 5000 jumping 3ph help!

/ 1972 ford 5000 jumping 3ph help! #1  

tylertown

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 40 backhoe, Ford 5000 general purpose
My ford 5000 lift arms are leaking down and jumping back up when I'm using any kind of attachment I have.

It tends to "bounce" when I have the arms raised to full height and it leaks down and surges back up, faster at higher rpm, when I'm using my grader blade or bush hog.

When I bought the tractor last year it had a weak pump and the idler gear and support needed replacing so I bought everything and split the tractor and fixed it all. New pump, idler gear and support, clutch pack, and put all new o-rings in the lift cover. When I put the o-rings in I honed the cylinder and had an experienced guy look at it and he said it's fine and the piston/ram looks decent

I had the bouncing issue before I replaced the pump or did any work to it, it just wasn't as prominent or noticeable then because it took roughly 2000 rpm to generate 600psi at the remotes. Now I'm up to 2650psi.

But here's what iv done.
I had a guy tell me to hook my top link up in the lowest hole on the draft control spring bracket and it didn't make a difference.

What I did do is I raised them all the way up and shut off the tractor and I can watch real closely and see the arms going down with the blade on (800lb) so I pulled the selector valve to send power to the remotes and it quit dropping it holds its position no leak down.

I started the tractor back up and let it start to drop and bounce and pulled the selector again it held position, when I release it it stats jumping again.

Any input is appreciated.
(I have several pictures if they might help)
Thanks,

/ 1972 ford 5000 jumping 3ph help!
20171005_204756.jpg