Removing a steering wheel

/ Removing a steering wheel
Hi Junkman,

I guess I didn't do a very good job of explaining what the problem was. The upper steering shaft bearing is pretty loose. I was hoping there was a way to take up the slack in it, but there isn't. So when I can't stand the slop in the steering column any more, I'll replace the upper bearing. Until then I'll just let it flop around.

Thanks very much for your kind offer of assistance though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Removing a steering wheel #12  
The reason that I mentioned adjusting the steering box, is that by the time that the upper bearing is shot, there is also a lot of slop in the gear box. If you can grab the steering wheel and pull up on it and get more than 1/8" of upward play, then the steering box should have an adjustment. If the tractor wanders when you drive it on the pavement, this is another indication of a worn or out of adjustment steering box.

Hi Junkman,

I have the B2910 which has the adjustable steering column, both up and down, and in and out. There are two different shafts, one which is attached to the steering gear box, and the other (upper) is attached to the lower with a u-joint like coupling on the lower end and the steering wheel. The lower shaft is nice and solid, it's the upper shaft that has the play, and the loose bearing. Sorry I left out that important tidbit. Thanks again for your help.

<font color="blue"> Perhaps 'poor manuals' are a way for dealer services to be sold?
</font>

LOL, I hope not, they're the same manual the tractor mechanics use. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Removing a steering wheel #15  
That's scarry... especially if they don't contain pertinant info.. such as the case is with this kubots steering issue....

Soundguy