craftsman tools lifetime warranty

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #1  

Cavjock22

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6060, Bushhog 3210, Deere offset disk, Deere B drill, forks, bucket
i知 just curious, but with Sears having the financial problems they were having, has anybody tried to exchange all ratchet or other tools lately. I have several that are in dire straits that need to be exchanged..
I apologize before hand to the moderator this is the wrong spot for this thread..

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #2  
I imagine they'll still replace them, although I haven't tried personally. Unfortunately, in most cases, the replacements will be Chinese made. Harbor freight has the same warranty or better, and they don't seem to be going anywhere. Plus, their ratchets are actually pretty great. For the price, at least.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #3  
Last time I exchanged a ratchet they wanted to give me someone else's beat up old Rachet that they had put a kit in. I would just try to get a kit out of them.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #4  
The Craftsman tool line was bought by Stanly Tools. I suspect the lifetime guarantee will still be valid. Whether Stanly brings them back from off shore is still a question.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #5  
I've got a LOT of Craftsman tools. While I don't expect any replacement needs on any of them except the ratchets, it still saddens me to see the deterioration of the brand.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #6  
Crapsman tools sure aren't what they USE TO BE,

standard.jpg

I had to go find my S&K breaker bar to finish the job!

SR

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #7  
Rob, You the Man!:D

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #8  
Crapsman tools sure aren't what they USE TO BE,

standard.jpg

I had to go find my S&K breaker bar to finish the job!

SR
How long was the cheater bar that you used on those? I have snapped pins but never the socket insert part (what is that called anyway?)

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #9  
I read today that Lowe's will start carrying Craftsman tools. Also, "...... Stanley Black & Decker is shifting Craftsman production back from overseas plants to U.S. facilities. It has announced plans for a new U.S. factory to build Craftsman products at a location yet to be announced." From Sears' iconic Craftsman tools coming to rival Lowe's - Oct. 24, 217.

Steve

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #10  
How long was the cheater bar that you used on those? I have snapped pins but never the socket insert part (what is that called anyway?)
There was NO cheater, I just put the weight to the handle, JUST like I did to the S&K that did NOT break, and got the job done!

Sad part is, those two breaker bars were NEW, replacements for the last two crappyman breakers I dropped off at a Sears store...

SR