TC40D Front Differential Bearing Shims Replacement

/ TC40D Front Differential Bearing Shims Replacement #1  

Korishan

Tractor
TC40D
Hey all,
I'm getting closer to putting this thing back together. However, I do have an issue at the moment. The shims that I had to take out got damaged and several of them rusted up pretty decent over night.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to use a Truck differential bearing shim to replace them with? I know the thicknesses from Messicks, and I know the ID/OD from the bearings listed at Messicks (which, I got the bearings at OReilly's; saved about $75)
I did go to OReilly's and look at a few of their shim kits for the Ford 8.8 and 7.5 rear ends, however, the ID is too big/small (respectively). Unfortunately, they can't look up shims by size like they can bearings.

So, does anyone know where a good place to get shims, or know what the part numbers would be in the automotive parts stores to get these?

Thanks,
Kori

/ TC40D Front Differential Bearing Shims Replacement #2  
I’d start by looking at McMaster Carr. They have just about any hardware you can think of.
McMaster.com

/ TC40D Front Differential Bearing Shims Replacement
Thanks 3Lfarms. I went to the site and they only sell the shims in packs of 5. And, the sizes don't match up between ID/OD.
Here's what I need:
ID: 50mm
OD: 80mm
Thick: 0.1, 0.2, & 0.5mm

Ok, so I got the ID/OD from the differential bearings that would be used. On Messicks, they don't show the ID/OD of the shims. So, here's another question I have. At OReilly's I can get the ford 8.8 shims, however the ID is closer to 53-55mm. Would that cause too much slack in the shim on the differential shaft?
I suppose I need to measure the old ones to see what those were. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

/ TC40D Front Differential Bearing Shims Replacement #4  
I’d start by looking at McMaster Carr. They have just about any hardware you can think of.
McMaster.com

@3Lfarms: As I mentioned in my previous post, I already went there and they don't have the size I need. I can either get the ID but not the OD, or the OD and not the ID.

/ TC40D Front Differential Bearing Shims Replacement #6  
I don’t know why it double posted. Sorry about that.

Ahh, ok. :p Happens at times.