Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work

/ Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work #1  

ivane

Tractor
Ford 3000
Hi everyone,

I have a Ford 3000 and the Right side brake pedal doesn't engage the brakes at all - when its fully pressed i still cant hear the brakes engage.

The left hand side is all fine - perfect, i managed to adjust them through the hole behind the wheel, and when I press the left brake it brakes immediately.

I tried adjusting the right brake through the hole behind the wheel as well, but all it does is loosen or tighten the brake pedal. It never manages to catch the drum.

Do I perhaps need to loosen/tighten the brake linkage under the diff lock as well?

Brake shoes should still be ok even though I havnt removed the drums to check - tractor only has 3500 hours on it - and the left brake is still working good so it must be something else/adjustment issue.

Anyone got any clues - Im not that mechanically minded but I know enough....

/ Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work #2  
Hi everyone,

I have a Ford 3000 and the Right side brake pedal doesn't engage the brakes at all - when its fully pressed i still cant hear the brakes engage.

The left hand side is all fine - perfect, i managed to adjust them through the hole behind the wheel, and when I press the left brake it brakes immediately.

I tried adjusting the right brake through the hole behind the wheel as well, but all it does is loosen or tighten the brake pedal. It never manages to catch the drum.

Do I perhaps need to loosen/tighten the brake linkage under the diff lock as well?

Brake shoes should still be ok even though I havnt removed the drums to check - tractor only has 3500 hours on it - and the left brake is still working good so it must be something else/adjustment issue.

Anyone got any clues - Im not that mechanically minded but I know enough....

You need to pull the right side drum off, to see what the problem is!

/ Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work #3  
If all of the visible linkage works and turns the shaft going into the brake backing plate, I agree with the above assessment.

/ Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work #4  
P.S. Welcome to TBN!!!!

/ Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work
Thanks Guys. I will take the wheel off and check out whats happening and take some pictures of it if I still dont find issue.

/ Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work #6  
Thanks Guys. I will take the wheel off and check out whats happening and take some pictures of it if I still dont find issue.

Please do. Even if you find the problem, post pics of the solution. Someone may come along later with the same problem and appreciate your contribution of what you found. :)

/ Ford 3000 right brake pedal doesn't work #7  
disconnect the brakelink ....then lift wheel from the floor and wile turning the wheel adjust till tight....then loosen till free ....then adjust your pedalhight