Shallow sockets ??

/ Shallow sockets ?? #11  
I just stick one or two nuts in with a piece of masking tape works perfect. Would not grind up a nice socket for this purpose.

/ Shallow sockets ??
Sometimes cutting or bending tools is the only way. For this use I'd have just put a spacer in it like you did. Did you pre drill a hole?

Pre-drill? Yes, well kind of. I set the break in position, drilled a 1" deep hole with a 5/16 SDS bit. Then slid the break 6" out of the way, set the depth gauge on the rotary hammer and finished drilling the holes with the same 5/16 SDS bit.

/ Shallow sockets ?? #13  
Pre-drill? Yes, well kind of. I set the break in position, drilled a 1" deep hole with a 5/16 SDS bit. Then slid the break 6" out of the way, set the depth gauge on the rotary hammer and finished drilling the holes with the same 5/16 SDS bit.

If you use concrete anchor studs. Drill all the way through the concrete slab. If you have to in the future, you can drive the stud into the dirt for a new stud or just to get a flush floor again.

/ Shallow sockets ??
If you use concrete anchor studs. Drill all the way through the concrete slab. If you have to in the future, you can drive the stud into the dirt for a new stud or just to get a flush floor again.

I have never drilled all the way through for any anchor. This time it was simply a 3/8 lag bolt. Other times I use this type;
Bad Request

But most of the time I use this kind which requires a blow with a hammer to start the set of the anchor before tightening.

/ Shallow sockets ?? #15  
I have never drilled all the way through for any anchor. This time it was simply a 3/8 lag bolt. Other times I use this type;
Bad Request

But most of the time I use this kind which requires a blow with a hammer to start the set of the anchor before tightening.

Concrete wedge anchors are the exact anchor type to drill a through hole for. You can't pull them out. If you could the anchor has failed its job. Many times the anchor point was in a critical location. Changing the hole meant changing either a lot of holes or equipment. Punching the old anchor into the dirt solved a lot of issues. Even drilling a larger diameter hole for a bigger stud is facilitated by punching the anchor through.

/ Shallow sockets ?? #16  
Concrete wedge anchors are the exact anchor type to drill a through hole for. You can't pull them out. If you could the anchor has failed its job. Many times the anchor point was in a critical location. Changing the hole meant changing either a lot of holes or equipment. Punching the old anchor into the dirt solved a lot of issues. Even drilling a larger diameter hole for a bigger stud is facilitated by punching the anchor through.

Worked in a factory. All our Hilti bits were 18 inches for this reason.

/ Shallow sockets ?? #17  
My impact sockets are all deep sockets. So when required - I've always done exactly as bigtiller did. I think I've used one or two concrete anchor bolts in the 35+ years here.

/ Shallow sockets ??

What type of anchor are you talking about? A picture would be great, just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

/ Shallow sockets ?? #19  
What type of anchor are you talking about? A picture would be great, just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

The one you pictured in post #14 "How to install wedge anchors" If you can pull it out, the hole diameter was too large. Thus a through hole is the only way to use another anchor (say the threads get damaged )

/ Shallow sockets ??
The one you pictured in post #14 "How to install wedge anchors" If you can pull it out, the hole diameter was too large. Thus a through hole is the only way to use another anchor (say the threads get damaged )

Are you talking about the link to a picture of one style or the video of another style titled "How to install wedge anchors" ?