ford 1910, can't find parts

/ ford 1910, can't find parts #1  

mtnwings

Bronze Member
Tractor
ford 1910 4x4 loader, MF 35, MF 60H backhoe
I just bought a 1985 Ford 1910 tractor/loader that didn't not run, looks great, nice and tight but I was told it just had an injector pump problem. I was lied to. I need to find a rebuilt head and possible complete rebuild kit but after spending hours, days, weeks searching the internet I am coming up short, seems this model ( shibaura 1.7 3 cyl T853A) has very limited parts available, can anyone help me?
Thanks Greg

/ ford 1910, can't find parts #2  
I just bought a 1985 Ford 1910 tractor/loader that didn't not run, looks great, nice and tight but I was told it just had an injector pump problem. I was lied to. I need to find a rebuilt head and possible complete rebuild kit but after spending hours, days, weeks searching the internet I am coming up short, seems this model ( shibaura 1.7 3 cyl T853A) has very limited parts available, can anyone help me?
Thanks Greg

I work at a N H dealership and get parts for the 1910
What are you needing?

/ ford 1910, can't find parts #3  
I work at a N H dealership and get parts for the 1910
What are you needing?

Call Messick's in PA.
I use them for Ford parts.
You will find many folks here on TBN that swear by Messick's....I am one of them.
Messick's is THE BEST...and they ship PROMPTLY!
Messick's parts dept. phone number is: 1-877-260-3528

/ ford 1910, can't find parts
I am not sre what I need now. I was told the pre-combustion chamber is cracked, can this be repaired, replaced, or do I need to buy a new head?

/ ford 1910, can't find parts #5  
I am not sre what I need now. I was told the pre-combustion chamber is cracked, can this be repaired, replaced, or do I need to buy a new head?

I just surfed over to Messick's website. They have the parts diagrams for the 1910. The head is shown in the engine section and it is stated in the description that the pre chamber is not serviced separately. Must order head assembly. Link

/ ford 1910, can't find parts #6  
Lot's of boneyards in the upper Midwest. Search the Internet or look in Farm World or Farm Week publications. Lots of those tractors around in MI, WI, MN, PA, OH, TX, etc.

New prices for some parts will be pricy so you'll have to go used on some things.

/ ford 1910, can't find parts #7  
I just surfed over to Messick's website. They have the parts diagrams for the 1910. The head is shown in the engine section and it is stated in the description that the pre chamber is not serviced separately. Must order head assembly. Link

Have you tried Wengers of Myerstown (Pa.)
They are a used tractor parts yard.
1-800-451-5240

Thank you everyone for trying to help me out with this "bad head" situation.
I am a little confused as I hear two different things, one the head needs to be replaced, the second is the pre chamber can be replaced, is there a definite answer to this problem? It looks like the pre chamber is a separate piece that can be pressed into the head, where would I get this part if it is not in any parts book?

/ ford 1910, can't find parts #9  
Thank you everyone for trying to help me out with this "bad head" situation.
I am a little confused as I hear two different things, one the head needs to be replaced, the second is the pre chamber can be replaced, is there a definite answer to this problem? It looks like the pre chamber is a separate piece that can be pressed into the head, where would I get this part if it is not in any parts book?

You will run into "replaceable" parts that simply were never available except as part of a larger assembly, in which case you can find a head with problems, and perhaps remove a pre-chamber. But. It could be a "one-way" job, though: once the head is heated, and the chamber pressed in, how do you remove it? It may not matter in your head, you can risk destroying the pre-chamber, but in the donor head, it may be very difficult to remove (as in cutting the head around it to release it kind of work.)

dam! IS THIS TRACTOR BOUND FOR THE SALVAGE YARD? Guess this is what I get for not doing my homework on this tractor before buying it. Has anyone one repaired the pre chamber? Is there an after market company somewhere that is making this head? new ones do not exist and re-manufactured heads are more than the price of the new ones when they were available. WTF?