Replacing BX 25 Seat

/ Replacing BX 25 Seat #1  

Tractor Seabee

Elite Member
Port Orchard WA Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
Tractor
Kubota BX25
I have noted past threads where folks replaced their BX seats. At 1500 hours and storing outside my seat has had it. What is out there better than the OEM one, it sucks. Would like better comfort and not have to spend time making adapters to get a fit. Any brilliant thoughts, thanks in advance.

Ron

/ Replacing BX 25 Seat #2  
Hi Ron, Good to hear you are still in the seat! Maybe check out the BX25D seat. It is an improvement over the BX25. Not sure about the BX23S if it changed (and is compatible). I assume you don't need an air ride fancy thing knowing you? :D

/ Replacing BX 25 Seat
Hi Ron, Good to hear you are still in the seat! Maybe check out the BX25D seat. It is an improvement over the BX25. Not sure about the BX23S if it changed (and is compatible). I assume you don't need an air ride fancy thing knowing you? :D

Mark, yeah it is a good thing it never sold it when I downsized from Olalla. This new place, in a subdivision but 1/3 acre, had crappy landscaping so have been redoing a lot of things. Installing irrigation and retaining walls plus redoing a side driveway to the back yard for RVs and etc. I have probably moved 4 yards of dirt (several times) and dug a 200' of trenches plus pilling out trees and bushes. I always put the waste soil in the wrong place and pile gets big. In the process of spreading a lot of it into new planting beds. Keeps me out of the dens of iniquity.

Ron

/ Replacing BX 25 Seat #4  
Keeps me out of the dens of iniquity.

Ron
Ha ha... keep me posted on what you end up doing. I might be inclined to upgrade too. Especially if there is an easier seat to flip around for BH use. My seat has taken a bit of a beating... well really a burning. A few sparks from the many burn piles getting rid of debris from clearing my back yard have tattooed mine. Also some dumb*** sat down with a sharp tool in his back pocket and poked a decent hole. I cuss that guy out every time I mount her. My wife can't figure out why I keep talking to myself. :laughing:

/ Replacing BX 25 Seat
Ha ha... keep me posted on what you end up doing. I might be inclined to upgrade too. Especially if there is an easier seat to flip around for BH use. My seat has taken a bit of a beating... well really a burning. A few sparks from the many burn piles getting rid of debris from clearing my back yard have tattooed mine. Also some dumb*** sat down with a sharp tool in his back pocket and poked a decent hole. I cuss that guy out every time I mount her. My wife can't figure out why I keep talking to myself. :laughing:

I took the spring off the latch assembly and it works smoother and quicker, less hassle, but still a PITA.

Ron

/ Replacing BX 25 Seat #6  
I replaced the seat on my B7800 with one from NorthernTool. Notoriously crappy OEM seats on those B series tractors: it's like no one at Kubota ever bothered to actually test them on the tractor- you'd always find yourself sliding forward (and the seatbelt strangling you). NT seat was maybe $120 at most. I've been very happy with it. At 1,500 hrs I had to replace one(?) seat rail; the show had to go on so I pitched the seat and rode on the lump of crap underneath to finish up my mowing job:eek: NOT recommended to run without a seat!;)

/ Replacing BX 25 Seat #9  
Getcha a nice Grammer. Just get ready for the $$$$.