Filled tire leaking

/ Filled tire leaking
Thanks. Will check again. I don't think really 3 psi. I think fluid threw it off, when it came out

/ Filled tire leaking
Buddy stopped by and informed the valve stems have a check valve sorta. They need enough pressure to close it. When I stuck the valve stem wrench in, I must have just got lucky.

Other rear was only slightly better. Wasn't leaking. I put them both to 15 to start with.

With as expensive as tires are, I am a fool to not take care of them. 7psi and the one looked ok. 3 the other looked bagged out.

Went to tractor supply and got gauge. Will check front next time. Not sure if they are filled. It is 4wd

/ Filled tire leaking
I am guessing they make 30 some tooth socket for valve stem. Is propriatray?

/ Filled tire leaking #14  
My guess is the fronts probably not filled with fluid. It is possible that they might be though. Usually the rears are filled as a counter weight for a front end loader or ag tractors have fluid in the rear tires alot for added traction to say pull a big disc or similar implement.

/ Filled tire leaking #15  
By chance was at 12:00. Reading, I am guessing calcium chloride. Should I wash my jacket?

Calcium chloride is just saltwater. My local tire place just runs it down the drain into the city sewage system where it is diluted.

From Wikipedia: Calcium chloride is relatively harmless to plants and soil. As a de-icing agent, it is much more effective at lower temperatures than sodium chloride. When distributed for this use, it usually takes the form of small, white spheres a few millimeters in diameter, called prills. Solutions of calcium chloride can prevent freezing at temperature as low as −52 ーC (−62 ーF), making it ideal for filling agricultural implement tires as a liquid ballast, aiding traction in cold climates.[10]

/ Filled tire leaking #16  
Calcium chloride is just saltwater. My local tire place just runs it down the drain into the city sewage system where it is diluted.

From Wikipedia: Calcium chloride is relatively harmless to plants and soil. As a de-icing agent, it is much more effective at lower temperatures than sodium chloride. When distributed for this use, it usually takes the form of small, white spheres a few millimeters in diameter, called prills. Solutions of calcium chloride can prevent freezing at temperature as low as −52 ーC (−62 ーF), making it ideal for filling agricultural implement tires as a liquid ballast, aiding traction in cold climates.[10]

It's what they use on the roads in many places, as well. It is very corrosive, however, as are all salts.

/ Filled tire leaking #17  
It's what they use on the roads in many places, as well. It is very corrosive, however, as are all salts.

Per Goeduck: "making it ideal for filling agricultural implement tires as a liquid ballast"

You kidding me?
"Ideal" ..... bah humbug!
CaCl is from days of old!
It will rot/corrode your steel wheels.
The preferred product of modern times is "beet juice" (expensive).
Windshield washer (methanol mix) fluid is a much less expensive option, though it weighs 2+ lbs./gal. less than either "beet juice", or CaCl.

/ Filled tire leaking #18  
"making it ideal for filling agricultural implement tires as a liquid ballast"

You kidding me?
"Ideal" ..... bah humbug!
CaCl is from days of old!
It will rot/corrode your steel wheels.
The preferred product of modern times is "beet juice" (expensive).
Windshield washer fluid is another (much less expensive) option.

CaCl is old school but put it in tubes , I had a 93 jd with tubes same rims 24 years later, Beet juice aka rim guard is 30% heavier than water

/ Filled tire leaking
It is a 95. Last owner said it was not filled, and handled fine with 4wd. So how long has it been filled is unknown. Guess he didn't check tire pressure either. He did say his dad used it a bit though.

The stems are threaded into rim. So I was thinking no tubes. But don't know.

I am familar with calcium chorlide a little bit, road the haul road to Arctic Circle on my bike. It sure makes dirt slippery.

/ Filled tire leaking #20  
I would expect that a tire from 1995 would be tubed, most tractor valve stems are two piece, you can also purchase new glue tube repair stems.
A replacement glue on valve stem is commonly available.
Replacement Valve Stem for TR 218A/22A | GEMPLER'S
Also you can get the upper section of your valve stem, a tire core housing
http://https://www.gemplers.com/product/171396/New-Style-TR-CH3-Tractor-Tire-Core-Housing
Gemplers is a good source for these parts and some good information on tires and other stuff.