Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #1  

sawmillman001

Tractor
Kioti DK45 FEL, Universal 640 FEL log fork, Norse skidder, bandsaw mill
New forum user.

Need helping wiring new circuit into DK45 fuse box. I have talked to nearest dealer and he couldn't help. He did suggest that I simply "splice" into a live wire.

There are plenty of spare fuse spaces, but I can't figure out what is required to add a circuit to one of these spaces.

If anyone has successfully added a new circuit as above, could you pls. enlighten me.

Thanks

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #2  
Go to Amazon and search for "add a circuit". You can order these in mini, micro and low profile fuse types. I used these when I added a circuit for my third function switch.

This isn't exactly the solution your looking for but it is quick and easy.

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #3  
New forum user.

Need helping wiring new circuit into DK45 fuse box. I have talked to nearest dealer and he couldn't help. He did suggest that I simply "splice" into a live wire.

There are plenty of spare fuse spaces, but I can't figure out what is required to add a circuit to one of these spaces.

If anyone has successfully added a new circuit as above, could you pls. enlighten me.

Thanks

Adding fuses to a fuse box which does not have fuse contacts in it will be difficult even if there is physical spaces for more fuses.

I would add to AWSubie's suggestion and use the add a circuit to feed another fuse panel.
HN3blAc.jpg

The fuse panel I recommend is intended for marine service so more corrosion resistant, often have a ground terminal as boats cannot ground to fiberglass and most important use screw type terminals instead of the push on type.
XRXwOi6.jpg

You use a wire end terminal with a closed eye which will not get pulled off easily.

Dave M7040

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #4  
Depends on how you want to wire the circuit. Hot all the time or hot with the key switch. If hot all the time, run a wire off the battery + terminal or off the starter feed stud to the fuse box. At the fuse box you'll need 2 female spade terminals that fit in the box spaces for the fuse. Connect the feed wire to one terminal and what ever you're powering to the other terminal.
Now if you want the circuit hot with the key switch or another switch like the light switch I would advise that you run it through a relay to protect the switch.
If you have a place for another fuse box, then the fuse box add-on like Dave M7040 posted would be a good idea and simple to do.

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #5  
I used the add-a-circuit type to fix my daughter’s 12v charging ports in her car.

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #6  
Adding fuses to a fuse box which does not have fuse contacts in it will be difficult even if there is physical spaces for more fuses.

I would add to AWSubie's suggestion and use the add a circuit to feed another fuse panel.
HN3blAc.jpg

Dave M7040

Yeah....those are fine for a car where the fuse box is inside under the dash.

Problem with using that on my current and previous tractors is the fuse box is located on the forward side of the firewall with a plastic cover over it to keep water out. You can't 'piggyback' that holder in a fuse slot because then the cover will not go back on and you leave the entire fuse panel exposed to the elements.

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box
Thanks to all who have responded to my query re Kioti fuse box: AWSubie, Dave M7040, Boomer 1025, RjCorazza and TnAndy. Appreciated.
First, it is clear that no one has had success fiddling inside that fuse box: that was my problem.

Second, I do like the idea of the add-a-circuit. I am wondering if I will be adding a new load, on top of the load already on that circuit, i.e., will I
be at risk of overloading that original circuit? My main requirement will be to have a live cigarette lighter type outlet on the rear of the tractor,
to supply power to things like small water pumps. (Actually to transfer maple sap from barrels to bigger tanks). My water pump is from an RV supply house.

My load could be variable, but I do have the option of shutting down all other electrical use if overloading.

Thoughts?

Thx.

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #8  
Thanks to all who have responded to my query re Kioti fuse box: AWSubie, Dave M7040, Boomer 1025, RjCorazza and TnAndy. Appreciated.
First, it is clear that no one has had success fiddling inside that fuse box: that was my problem.

Second, I do like the idea of the add-a-circuit. I am wondering if I will be adding a new load, on top of the load already on that circuit, i.e., will I
be at risk of overloading that original circuit? My main requirement will be to have a live cigarette lighter type outlet on the rear of the tractor,
to supply power to things like small water pumps. (Actually to transfer maple sap from barrels to bigger tanks). My water pump is from an RV supply house.

My load could be variable, but I do have the option of shutting down all other electrical use if overloading.

Thoughts?

Thx.

To try and help your understanding how the add a circuit is possibly working remove a fuse.

If you take a test light around $10 at auto supply places
4rJbf4z.jpg

and after connecting the alligator clip to the battery negative terminal, touch where both ends of the removed fuse connected.

One of these connection points will be dead. The other will have power even without the fuse.

The fuse box will have one or two power supplies. One live with the key on the other live all the time.

The fuse box is like the trunk of a tree with branches going off from it. The same is happening in the fuse box.

If you connect the power end of the add a circuit device to the side of the fuse box which is powered even without the fuse, You have not added any additional electrical load to let us say the headlight circuit.

Alternatively, if the electrical load from your pump is large, perhaps you don't want the key switch to deal with that large of an additional load.
Then you would use a relay.

EF8dQeZ.jpg

The relay could be connected directly to the battery or starter large + terminal. The the relay output goes to power your pump.

The control circuit for the relay could be powered by the key side of your fuse panel with the add a circuit device. Now the add a circuit is only adding less than 1 amp of electrical load to the fuse box supply wiring.

If you connected the add a circuit to a fuse controlled by the key switch, then the pump would have no power until the key switch was on.

The power side of the relay which you connect to the battery or starter terminal should have an in line fuse to protect the wiring in case of pump failure or wire chaffing.

Dave M7040

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #9  
be at risk of overloading that original circuit?

If you can use the 'add-a-circuit' fuse holder 7040 pictured, it will add no more capacity to that circuit than there was before. Take a 10amp fuse out of the original circuit, for example, and you put it back into the new holder. You then add a fuse in the 2nd slot of the same new holder, or less, amp rating to protect the new sub-circuit. (the wire leading off the holder) IF the circuit you select is already using quite a bit of it's capacity, the addition of the new sub-circuit may well over load the main circuit and blow it's fuse.

My main requirement will be to have a live cigarette lighter type outlet on the rear of the tractor,

Thoughts?

Thx.

You'd really have to know the max pump load to know whether the add-a-circuit route will work. If it won't, or maybe just the simplest solution, would be take your new circuit straight off the battery, with a fuse close to that connection.

/ Kioti DK45 ..how to add circuits(s) to fuse box #10  
When I decided to add LED floodlights, backup camera, charging outlet, etc. to my tractor, I didn't even consider using the original wiring. I ran new hot and ground wires from the battery and protected them with a circuit breaker at the battery and in line fuses for the loads. Seemed easier and cleaner.