1 inch label makers

/ 1 inch label makers #11  
P touch here also, still looks good many years later.

/ 1 inch label makers #12  
We have them at work. I do believe they are P touch brand. They look more like a handheld radio. They do 1" tape and work fine. As others have said the tape adds up quickly. Plus, at least with the style we have, it's kind of wasteful. You loose an inch or so when it ejects it out. You loose another inch or so because it leaves plenty of extra tape on each side of the text. It has several symbols along with arrows. Being a work thing I've never bothered to see if something could be done to stop the wasting of the tape. At 26' long a couple of inches doesn't seam like much but when you make a number of small tags when you are done and you see a small pile of cut offs and realize you paid over a $1 a foot you start to look to see just how much you are throwing away. Maybe the newer or more expensive models are better.

/ 1 inch label makers #13  
I have a Zebra thermal printer that I absolutely love. It is great for cranking out tons of labels for dirt cheap. It is compact, but unfortunately does require a computer.

/ 1 inch label makers #14  
Make several labels all as one and cut them apart yourself if your doing a bunch. Saves some waist.

/ 1 inch label makers
We have them at work. I do believe they are P touch brand. They look more like a handheld radio. They do 1" tape and work fine. As others have said the tape adds up quickly. Plus, at least with the style we have, it's kind of wasteful. You loose an inch or so when it ejects it out. You loose another inch or so because it leaves plenty of extra tape on each side of the text. It has several symbols along with arrows. Being a work thing I've never bothered to see if something could be done to stop the wasting of the tape. At 26' long a couple of inches doesn't seam like much but when you make a number of small tags when you are done and you see a small pile of cut offs and realize you paid over a $1 a foot you start to look to see just how much you are throwing away. Maybe the newer or more expensive models are better.
The ones I had when I worked would leave the blank areas, which could be used for annotation with a sharpie. Blank space does seem to be a common complaint about all the labelmakers.

/ 1 inch label makers #16  
The one we had only wasted tape at the start of a cut. So if you just didn't do the cut, and printed the next label, it wouldn't advance the waste area between each label. Then you had to cut them apart manually, but it saved a lot of tape. At least, that's how I recalled it.

/ 1 inch label makers #17  
I just used the 1" wide tape for labels. The labeler allowed me to rotate the text 90 degrees. Let's say the cable is X00345. Just tell it to print 90 degrees: Fit to width: Print 6 rows of the same text: Leave 1" tail.

That would give you about a 1.5-2" long label, 1" wide. Put the blank tail on the cable first, and wrap it around the wire a couple times. You end up with the text being readable around the wire from any angle. Really nice.

Fatter wire? Leave a longer tail, or print it all. It doesn't matter because there's no ink savings no matter how long of a label you print because the "ink" is the tape itself. You can't waste ink. Or time. So just print as many lines of text you want on the label. Works great as a cable wrap label.

/ 1 inch label makers
Well I went ahead and got the Brother PTD 600 and about 6 rolls of different tapes from Amazon. Hope to let y'all know how it works out.

/ 1 inch label makers
Well my Brother PTD 600 was delivered.
First impressions - It is possible to use "manually" but not easy to get "fancy with" manually. It must have a thousand different templates and patterns. I just wanted some 1 inch wide labels.

I found it easy to print a 2 line label with different fonts manually. The cartridge is easy to swap. The software is kludgy and doesn't seem to have all the options that are available on the keyboard. The "graphic" interface is poor, I couldn't figure out how to dynamically assign cut lines. But it's real easy to just take the tape out and snip it by hand. So for the first about 20 labels I would copy the text I needed, put it in the frame, then just printed them out in a string and snipped them with scissors.