Any heating/ac guys out there!!!!

/ Any heating/ac guys out there!!!!
full up!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

full up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif all of the other appliances have no problens with their pilots...i know the problem lies somewhere in the hot water tank apparatus???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

By the way have i told u guys that yer awesome and i thank ya'll for yer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif help!!!!!

and here is a pic with the pilot lit and the burner goin the problem is when the burner goes out the pilot goes out too!!!
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifif u look close u can c the pilot on bottom right of the burner flame??? it really doesnt look very big but is a real healthy pilot flame!!

Attachments

• 442784-115_1544_1.JPG
    442784-115_1544_1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 184
   / Any heating/ac guys out there!!!! #15  
Pilot stays on on its own. Means thermocouple is okay, pilot gets fuel. Have you checked pilot tip for carbon?

When burner kicks on does pilot size decrease?

Are there any air adjustments? Flame picture shows a little too much orange.

Can you vary temperature settings and see if anything changes?

Have you gently tapped all control units?

Are there any kinks in fuel supply lines to the water heater.

Is the thermocouple seeing too much of the main burner flame?

Does this occur just as you are getting sudds up and relaxed in the shower??

Egon

thank u EGON!!!!and here we go>>>answers to everyone of yer ???'s

1..pilot size decrs: dont know but will ck!!

2..dont no bout air adj's

3.could try temp adj's but why

4.havnt tapped but will..

5.absolutely no kinks!!!

6..thermo couple is kinda set wher it always has ..never changed anything...dont no if i could bend it down some??

77only happens when the water is hot and burner kiks off!!!
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Any heating/ac guys out there!!!! #17  
Makes me think the air velocity at the pilot is such that it's flame gets blown out when the main flame goes off.

Egon

please talk more on air velocity and never had a problem b4..this past winter and how to change air velocity and what might have changed??? as havent changed any thing???what makes air velocity change...exhaust pipes..at top of tank????inlet of amount of air coming atlighting area 4 the pilot???
i really can't c anything that has changed!!!aaaarrrrgggghhhh
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is killin me ..i think it has to do with the "pac " controls the gas/thermo coupler!!

/ Any heating/ac guys out there!!!! #19  
There should be a little slide thingy that can vary the air to the pilot. Maybe one for the air to the main burner. The picture you posted showed to much yellow indicating not enough air for proper combustion or perhaps some plugged nozzles on the main burner.

Hey; I'm just quessin. Mayhaps move the thermo coupler around a bit or take it out of the clip and hold it in the pilot flame by hand to find the right position.

You been postin on CountryBynet?

Egon

nope but have been seriously tinkin bout movin over there on a permanent basis other than my cut ???'s as am for the most part tired of the **** retentiveness here!!!! i've put a lot of time in here but that doesn't mean diddly in my book..hell i've quit $40 hr jobs cuz of the mgmt and one place i quit i was the #! regional mgrin maine,new h and mass.. and makin 3k a week and my nat'l sales dir told me when newbies come round to ask me bus.?'s that i should refer them to him!!! u no wut i told him!!!!!!

If i had'nt broken all of yer old sales records..and i wasn't makin almost as much as him that he wouldnt have to worry bout it!!! (and he made 30 gross of everything i and my sales team did off of us) boy that didnt go over well and d nxt day i quit and went back to $20 hr!!! one phone call and i had a job in any state below the mason/dixon line i wannted and had never been there and when i left the whole sales team that I HAD TRAINED AND PUT TOGETHER quit..guess he wasnt the leader he thot he was !!!! i was brought up to always respect my elders!!and always have but when i work hard ..and git no res...in return...i'll b gone b4 y can say!!!!!!! hEGON!!! EGON!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifNOWUTIMEEN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One thing i can say is that i am glad i wuz "brought up" by a bunch of nomadic ...linemen...they taught me how to not put up with any ...b's'...i have over 8 yrs of very serious m arts under my belt and had never been in a "bar fight b4 i watched a woman git slapped into a corner by some drunk in a bar!!!there were 3 of us linemen ther and we cleared out him and 8 of his buddies in bout 5 min..i'm not tellin u this to brag or nuffin but i've bin in a bad spot a few times..thats more than 3 and less thatn 10..and every time we walked away unscathed and the bar was cleared...u no y...we were in the right!!!! i dont take bs from anyone anymo!!!and neva will agin /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifhave the mental facilities to:

know when to:..........know when to

holdem
shoem
foldem
walk away
know when to run
bluff...and
when to bring out the big guns!!the intelligence and wit to overcome in any dire circumstance!!!!!period!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

and i thank u for yer perseverence and help as well as yer friendship and a couple of others roung these parts 2!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

r u on cbynet???? or should i call it net by the c!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TODD /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif