Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ISEKI TL3201 38h.p. 4x4

Default Any heating/ac guys out there!!!!

Our whole house runs on propane...stove,dryer,HOT WATER...

My problem is with my hot water tank...my pilot keeps going out!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]I put in a new thermo couple a few weeks back...the pilot starts fine..is big bright and blue!!!but when the hot waterfinallly gets hot ...out go both the pilot and burner!!!!not sure where to go from there !!!!please help!!!

Todd

am tired of going out and relighting!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

Default Re: Any heating/ac guys out there!!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mark_in_NH

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ISEKI TL3201 38h.p. 4x4

Default Re: Any heating/ac guys out there!!!!

i dont know..how do wood workin g pjects...wells and sheep fallin ???.smart @$$ [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mayb i should jist keep my butt over on rural livin instead fo trying to git and help others out on the other forums!!!or mayb i'll jist pull a junkman and disapeaaa 4 a wile!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2810HST

Todd, You might try and reposition the thermocouple so it is in the flame more. A little tweak on the bracket may be all that is needed.

I would also check your gas pressure with a Manometer . If you are on Propane , you want 11 inches of water column.
    ( less than 1/2 a pound )

I would also check your piping size.

It sounds like you may be drawing to much gas when the burner is lit, and you could be drawing down the pilot flame.

Good Luck with your tractor problem [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dave in NH

Mahindra 2810 HST

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ISEKI TL3201 38h.p. 4x4

THANK U SIR!!!!! U R A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR!!!!
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].THE TANK IS AS OLD AS THE HOUSE AND WILL SOON NEED TO BE CHANGED..SO PIPING SHOULDN'T B THE PROB..THE THERMO COUPLE IS IN THE FLAME oops .....pretty well...i was wondering if the ..."junctiion box" or whatever u call it where the gas comes in..and is redirected to burner,pilot and where the thermo couple may have a block..is also where u adjust the water temp [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

the pilot goes out when the burner goes out...but keeps on running till that point....i found an old thermo cou;le in the shed where the heater is so it had obviously been changed at least once b4????

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC35D/16LA

Todd, you may have a pressure issue due to a failing regulator.

First, the regulator ( usually looking like a pair of pie plates massed together near the tank on the main supply pipe ) needs a vent to function properly. You may find that the critters have plugged it up. Look for an opening about 3/4" diameter with screen over it. It will probably say " Vent do not block " near it. If its dirty, scrape away the dirt and blow off the excess with air. That may allow the regulator to react better to varying demand.

Now, if the vent is clean, you may have a weak regulator spring. That's not really something I'd mess with without pressure test gear. Your gas supply guy should be able to check that in about 1 minute !!!! Make sure he sets it under flow ( devices burning gas ). A lot of those guys set it up at static condition...usually not good enough.

Good luck !!! Be safe.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ISEKI TL3201 38h.p. 4x4

WHERE IS THE REGULATOR LOCATED???ON THE TANK...THE STOVE AND DRYER WORK FINE AS DOES OUR HEATER AND THAT HAS A PILOT...oops...the only things that have pilots here r the heater nad the h/water heater??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ISEKI TL3201 38h.p. 4x4

pilot...look close and u can c the whole flame [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ISEKI TL3201 38h.p. 4x4

regulator im pretty sure??

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC35D/16LA

That second pic is the regulator. The vent is right in front...looks clean...Maybe time to do an adjustment. Whats the level of licquid in the tank. Are you just about empty? With this mornings cold, the pressure could be down.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast