Mahindra Fuel Injection Pump

/ Mahindra Fuel Injection Pump #1  

vangelistree

Tractor
mahindra 7520 4wd
So here is my issue, I can not remove/disconnect the FIP from the FIP gear. I have all the hoses off, bolts that go into housing are off, and the FIP main nut and lock washer are off. Got it about a 1/8 of an inch out, the issue seems to be that it will not let go of the gear. in the instructions it says i need a special tool to remove it... and doesn't tell me at all what that is. I have removed several other FIP's. The FIP is a Bosch pump, VE4/12F1150R1038-1, the tractor it is on is a '20' series 4wd 7520 Mahindra. Any incite into this vexing situation will be greatly appreciated.

/ Mahindra Fuel Injection Pump #2  
If you'll look closely at the gear, it has bolt holes in it..
Those holes are meant for a puller.. the pump drive shaft is tapered & "stuck" on the gear..
IF I recall, the drive shaft is NOT keyed & its a "tapered fit".. which means the ONLY THING holding the DS & gear together IS the tight fit..
I may be wrong but either way, its stuck on the pump d.shaft & you need a puller..
LOOK for a key.. look for a slot cut in the gear behind the nut & washer.. no slot=no key..& you better hope to god you timed it correctly..
I'm in the injection pump "biz".. & have bought several of those pump pullers.. the latest one I bought was from Xtreme Diesel online for around 35-40.00.. & its better than the snap--on 1 I have..which cost 88.00..

/ Mahindra Fuel Injection Pump #3  
OH WAIT.. I just remembered, the last Mahindra I did, I wasn't able to use THAT {XD} puller.. the holes were too close..
I ended up using a flywheel puller for a lawn mower.. I also bought THAT online.. I don't remember where, but it has about 4-6-8 different hole positions that you can use for a lot of different screw configuration..
& yes, THAT PUMP WAS keyed & had a timing line on the outside of the pump housing for final timing..
BUT.. the inside of the pump had imploded & was VERY expensive to fix..
IF you would like to contact me, feel free.. I can probably save you 100.'s vs your local repair shop..

/ Mahindra Fuel Injection Pump #4  
OH WAIT.. I just remembered, the last Mahindra I did, I wasn't able to use THAT {XD} puller.. the holes were too close..
I ended up using a flywheel puller for a lawn mower.. I also bought THAT online.. I don't remember where, but it has about 4-6-8 different hole positions that you can use for a lot of different screw configuration..
& yes, THAT PUMP WAS keyed & had a timing line on the outside of the pump housing for final timing..
BUT.. the inside of the pump had imploded & was VERY expensive to fix..
IF you would like to contact me, feel free.. I can probably save you 100.'s vs your local repair shop..
Afternoon,
I just bought a 2006 mahindra 5500. The mechanic says i'll need to have the injector cleaned or rebuilt. Any tips on if cleaning is advisable?

/ Mahindra Fuel Injection Pump #5  
The injectors have to be taken apart and retorqued IN A SPECIAL JIG that holds the insides from turning..
There are tiny alignment pins inside.. if u simply try to unscrew it, u break the pins and ur left with buying another injector..(cuz u can’t fix the broken pins)
On top of all THAT.. u need a pop tester to check the opening pressure, spray pattern and leakage..

/ Mahindra Fuel Injection Pump #6  
BTW.. I have that jig..
I’ll send u a prvt msg.