Drum brake parts.

/ Drum brake parts. #1  

kc5dlo

Gold Member
I recently bought a Toro Workman with a diesel engine and dump bed. When looking at it at pre-purchase i noticed the back brake lines had been disconnected and capped off. After purchasing and getting it home, I took the back wheels off and had a look. Right side hardware is all gone. No shoes, adjusters, springs, or pins.
I have been looking for quite a while and have not been able to locate any hardware except shoes and wheel cylinders. Toro does not have the parts any more even used parts on ebay have eluded me. Any ideas how I could match the parts on the left side to find compatible sized parts for the right side?

/ Drum brake parts. #2  
I am not familiar with a Toro Workman, but I would try an over the road truck shop if it is a drive axle. If the wheel just coasts, then the guts of a trailer brake may fit.

/ Drum brake parts. #3  
Too small for a road truck stop. More of a golf cart size.
David from jax

/ Drum brake parts. #4  
I've always found that the key to finding odd ball parts, is to use the part number, when doing an online search. There are some golf equipment salvage yards out there, you just need to shake the bushes.

Here is a link to a company that shows some brake parts for a Toro reel mower used on a golf course. https://www.cutterpartsonline.com/drive-train-components/?sort=featured&page=1 I'm not saying they will fit, just saying it's a good place to start, by calling them, and see if they know where a person could find something like you are looking for.

If the Toro site still has a parts listing, with the part numbers, that's the info you need to have on hand, when contacting a salvage yard. Start with the brand name, model number, then the part number(s). There may even be a number that lists the complete assy.

There may be a good possibility that contacting this company may lead you to one that does have the parts you're looking for. They may have a linking system like many other equipment salvage/ auto/truck part salvage yards do. Somewhere out there is a cache of NOS parts, that were saved when a company sold out, before the greedy Gov't started their inventory taxes, or, left the part shelves at that point, and squirrelled away, and now gathering dust, waiting for a new home.

There's too many NOS parts still showing up on ebay, and at swap meets to disprove that. 15 years ago, I happened across a new OEM, in box, 3 speed aux. transmission, for my Ford 2000, 3 cyl. tractor. It was written off the inventory list, but still on the shelf. It had been there for 40 years. The best part, he sold it to me for what it cost them, 40 years ago, at that time. A blind hog finds an acorn, every now and then.

/ Drum brake parts. #5  
Contact golf cart services in your area , those are used as grounds keeper carts on golf courses and places like that.

Also any toro dealer should be able to look up and order parts.

You can also go to toro.com and look them up