Big Zerks

/ Big Zerks #1  

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
I couldn't find the answer to this in other zerk threads, so I apologise if I am rehashing old ground. That, and this is probably a dumb question, but one that I can't see to find an answer to.

Some of my equipment has zerk fittings here and there that are way to big for any of my grease guns to fit. They look like about 1/4" od, and I'm guessing the "normal" zerks are about 1/8" od. Literally, for years, I have perused grease gun fittings at various stores and have never run across a zerk coupler that looked like it would fit these big zerks. What do I need to be able to use these things?

/ Big Zerks #2  
I see you own a IH 685......those zerks you talk about would not be the bleedscrew ontop of the rear finaldrives ?

/ Big Zerks
I see you own a IH 685......those zerks you talk about would not be the bleedscrew ontop of the rear finaldrives ?

Actually no, the big ones are on my Ford and Terramite. Don't recall any on the 685.

/ Big Zerks #4  
They're more than likely bleed screws for something or possibly a vent for a gearbox.

/ Big Zerks
They're more than likely bleed screws for something or possibly a vent for a gearbox.

They are definitely zerks on grease points, for example, the boom king-pin on the backhoe.

/ Big Zerks #6  
Then post some pics , that would help.

/ Big Zerks #7  
Not a ball style are they? IMG_0112.JPG

/ Big Zerks #8  
Are the threads also huge? Maybe the zerks could be removed and replaced with normal zerks.

/ Big Zerks #9  
Are they button head grease fittings?
button head G.F..jpg