LW7 backhoe operates slow

/ LW7 backhoe operates slow #1  

Fran63

Tractor
International
Purchased a smarttrac 354 tractor with LW7 backhoe a couple months ago backhoe was not on the tractor got it hook up put fluid in it cause it was lower took for ever to get it to move had lots of air everything was spongy got the air out but it operates really slow. It took the strainer out it had substantial amount of metal shavings in it. I'm assuming this is from the pump. I took a picture of the control valve body hoping someone can tell me what the slotted valve on the far right is for an the small valve 2 spools over is for IMG_20180320_191832249.jpg

/ LW7 backhoe operates slow #2  
Slotted thingie is probably access to pressure relief valve.
The small spools might be for the outrigger cylinders. ??
Does it have a separate pump for the hoe?
The only place metal shavings can come from is the pump, OR from original assembly.
What rpm are you running the tractor at?

Just found this- http://www.pegasus-industries.com/manuals/Backhoe.pdf

/ LW7 backhoe operates slow
It does have a separate pump I figure that's where metal came from an around 1800 on tractor 540 on pto

/ LW7 backhoe operates slow #4  
It does have a separate pump I figure that's where metal came from an around 1800 on tractor 540 on pto
Is it a pump that mounts to the pto? Or is it mounted on the tractor somewhere? Might be a smoked pump.

It mounts right above the pto

/ LW7 backhoe operates slow #6  
It mounts right above the pto
If it's the kind of pump I'm thinking about they are not horribly expensive. I don't know how much fluid flow that backhoe needs but, at one time I owned an LW6. I think my pump was around 8 gpm. and mine was a little too fast.
Easy to check. Take the return hose off and time it into a clean 5gal bucket for 30 seconds. Whatever you get double it.

Alright I'll check tonight

/ LW7 backhoe operates slow #8  
Alright I'll check tonight
And I'm pretty sure where that pump is mounted it's running every time the pto is running. If it has quick connects its dead heading when it's disconnected. If it's just some sort of open coupling then it's running empty. Hopefully the pump is removed with the backhoe.

I don't believe the previous owner removed the pump. Pretty sure it was run dead headed cause it has quick couplers

/ LW7 backhoe operates slow #10  
I don't believe the previous owner removed the pump. Pretty sure it was run dead headed cause it has quick couplers
Sorry about your luck. On the bright side you can get rebuild kits online pretty cheap.