Lucas Cav Injector Help

/ Lucas Cav Injector Help #1  

raymond ridge

Tractor
Cummins BT4
Guys I need some help,

I have a Lucas Cav DPA injector pump that was on a power unit that we used several years ago. It was working properly then. It has been out of the weather since then, but we have not started it. We attempted to get it going recently and can get no fuel to injectors. I removed it, got a seal kit, tore the pump down and resealed it. I took about a million pics to make sure I reassembled everything correctly. Pump was very clean inside and there was very little varnish. No broken parts and all parts are working freely. I still cleaned and lubed everything well. I watched several videos and saw guys turning pump by hand and getting fuel to squirt out each port after they rebuilt their pumps. I get good flow coming out of the bleed port on the side of the pump, but can't even get a drop coming out of the four ports going to the injectors. I was very careful to make sure shut off lever, governor assembly and spring were installed correctly under top cover.

I can't afford the $1,000.00 these local injector shops usually charge. I am stuck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

/ Lucas Cav Injector Help #2  
I and T manual at the Ford house has a good covering of that and the Simms pump. Includes a troubleshooting section.

/ Lucas Cav Injector Help #3  
Ray, I answered your questions on the other thread.. Unless you took the head apart, the pumping plungers are prob. stuck.