51R Battery for JD4100

/ 51R Battery for JD4100 #1  

coloradotrout

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4100 HST CUT w/Yanmar 3TNE74 | JD 300 Lawn
I have been using Optimal yellow top, but at $250 now I'm wondering if a $125 battery might be more cost effective. Thoughts?

/ 51R Battery for JD4100 #2  
I like the Optima Yellow top batteries. I have 2 diesel mowers with 51r’s in them, and my Kubota L4060 will get a yellow top when I replace the oem battery.
Are they more cost effective? Likely not at twice the price, but the low self discharge rate and deep cycle ability (somewhat) make them zero maintenance, and perfect for seasonal equipment.

/ 51R Battery for JD4100 #3  
I have been using Optimal yellow top, but at $250 now I'm wondering if a $125 battery might be more cost effective. Thoughts?
How many years do your Optimal yellow top batteries last? I installed a new 51R battery in my Kubota L4200 back in November of 2010 (just checked my records to be sure) and it is still going strong. Purchased it at Walmart for about $100 +/-.

/ 51R Battery for JD4100 #4  
we have an account that used the optima batteries for years on a electric lift gate on their trucks cost to be over 200.00 each we changed them over to the gel cell battery and no problems have done about 8 this year for them we only use deka/east penn batteries the gel cell runs about 125.00 each

/ 51R Battery for JD4100
My first yellow top lasted 8y. The current one 4. I found it dead as all dead a couple days ago. Will not take a charge.

/ 51R Battery for JD4100 #6  
Optima was a good battery before they moved their production to Mexico. Since then they are junk, lots of early failures!

/ 51R Battery for JD4100
any suggestions?

/ 51R Battery for JD4100 #8  
Walmart's Everstart Maxx batteries have been getting good reviews and the Exide's that TSC sells have worked well for me.

/ 51R Battery for JD4100
Walmart's Everstart Maxx batteries have been getting good reviews and the Exide's that TSC sells have worked well for me.

Lucky for me, both are a few blocks apart. Thank you.