Relief valve adjustment

/ Relief valve adjustment #1  

Fast eddy 007

Tractor
Ford newholland 1715 1986
Where is the relief valve on a ford 1715? The loader valve sounds like it is dumping all the time.the front bucket lifts up and down but makes a wining sounds.i can lift a full bucket of snow but it sounds like its relief is by passing.i replace the clutch and did change the hydraulic oil and filter.does not matter if it is cold or hot i do let it run until its hot because it is a diesel.i look in the manual by can稚 find the relief any where.the tractor is a 1996.i removed some nuts on the loader valve no place to adjust is there any relief on the diverted valve?is my pump failing?thanks for any help fasteddy Saco,me.

/ Relief valve adjustment #2  
Maybe this link from New Holland parts will help.Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors. There were 7 different 2 spool remotes used on various models. You'll just have to figure out which one matches yours. The first one I looked at shows like 2 different main relief valves, one for each side. There are adjusting screws to regulate the pressure. They are not called relief valves, just valves. Then in the side of the control, looks like 2 more, just regulated by non adjustable springs.

It sounds like a small piece of debris may be between one of the relief valves, and it's seat, letting oil bypass all the time. Or, a broken/weak spring.

/ Relief valve adjustment
Thanks for your help appreciate it.

/ Relief valve adjustment #4  
How do you know you have a relief valve issue when you have not done the most basic test of measuring the hydraulic pressure.

A gauge and quick connect like this is less than $30 at most independent hydraulic shops locally or on line.

DCjr8Bp.jpg

Have you been disconnecting FEL hoses? Hoses in the wrong place make funny things and noises happen.

Dave M7040

/ Relief valve adjustment #5  
11-15-14_861D pump gauge 1.JPG Probably not necessary, but after I had trouble with my hydraulic system I mounted a gauge permanently on my 861D's pump so that I can see at a glance what my pressure is from the driver's seat. I forget what I paid for the gauge, but found it on eBay pretty cheap.

/ Relief valve adjustment #6  
Thanks for your help appreciate it.
Post an update if you figure this out. I have a friend's tractor doing almost the same thing. When he tries to move the loader it just squeals.
I don't know much but, I'm driving to him next week to see what I can figure out. He took some pics but I can't tell much from them other than there are 2 quick connects that supply the loader valve which is mounted between the frame and the tractor with a cover over it.
It must be getting fluid since the relief is tripping. Maybe not getting back to the sump or the relief valve is stuck open. The 3 point operates ok.
From the pics he sent it looks like a PITA to get to the loader valve.

/ Relief valve adjustment #7  
View attachment 555743 Probably not necessary, but after I had trouble with my hydraulic system I mounted a gauge permanently on my 861D's pump so that I can see at a glance what my pressure is from the driver's seat. I forget what I paid for the gauge, but found it on eBay pretty cheap.

I make this comment because I am concerned with your safety not because I want to criticize your work.

You have used a iron plumbing fitting, a street elbow to be exact, to mount your gauge to. Plumbing fittings are not designed for hydraulic system operating pressures and can crack. A high pressure jet of hydraulic fluid can be injected right through your skin. Same for the brass reducing bushing.

Hydraulic fittings are not expensive.

Dave M7040

/ Relief valve adjustment #8  
Post an update if you figure this out. I have a friend's tractor doing almost the same thing. When he tries to move the loader it just squeals.
I don't know much but, I'm driving to him next week to see what I can figure out. He took some pics but I can't tell much from them other than there are 2 quick connects that supply the loader valve which is mounted between the frame and the tractor with a cover over it.
It must be getting fluid since the relief is tripping. Maybe not getting back to the sump or the relief valve is stuck open. The 3 point operates ok.
From the pics he sent it looks like a PITA to get to the loader valve.

The major question to answer before you visit is does the FEL have 6 or 7 hoses or ports.
Post your friends pics here.

Dave M7040

/ Relief valve adjustment #9  
The major question to answer before you visit is does the FEL have 6 or 7 hoses or ports.
Post your friends pics here.

Dave M7040
I'll try. Been a long time since I posted any pics. I doubt it will help you because the valve is hidden under a cover that needs to be removed.

/ Relief valve adjustment #10  
Trying the pictures

Attachments

• 349.jpg
    349.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 351.jpg
    351.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 354.jpg
    354.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 163