Kid snaps loader arms

/ Kid snaps loader arms #1  

spitter

Platinum Member
Tractor
simplicity legacy tc29d,Tc45d,Cs 2520
Just like title says I had my kid [18] digging out stumps from pine trees that died a few years ago due to needle cast . I guess he was back dragging or pulling with bucket curled and hit another tree root .He's usually pretty good on it because he's been on equiptment since he was 10.I usually supervise but I just had a knee replaced and can't walk to good yet. My question is where can I get it fixed or replaced cheapest .It's a tc29d with a 7308 loader . When I look it up on Messics web site it says Schwartz or ognidene one is 600 the other is 300 don't know the difference.Or should just go to a hydraulic shop an get them to fix it .Probabally won't be working for a few months so I need a cheap fix.:mad:

/ Kid snaps loader arms #2  
So he bent the curl cylinder rods? The title of your post says "snaps loader arms" which would be the large heavy weldments that provide the structure for lifting and reaching with the bucket...basically the framework of the loader assembly. Anywho, I don't think a hydraulic shop around Kalamazoo can fix them for $300 so if you can buy a cylinder for $300, go for it.

The farther a cylinder is extended, the weaker it is structurally due to the shorter distance between the piston and the rod gland. This makes them susceptible to bending while experiencing a compression load that is encountered when back dragging with the bucket edge pointed to the ground.

/ Kid snaps loader arms #4  
I, for one and I bet not alone, would love to see pictures of this failure. I'm curiously morbid that way...

/ Kid snaps loader arms #5  
I'm also curious. Did he really snap the loader arms off???

That would be an achievement. Albeit, a "bad" achievement.

Or did he just break the cylinders?

/ Kid snaps loader arms #6  
Talking two different things which may affect the repair price.

/ Kid snaps loader arms
Sorry for bad English I guess it's really called a piston rod that snapped .I Googgled it and there is a picture of a john deere with exactlay the same damage. Also sorry can't do pictures still on a flip phone.

/ Kid snaps loader arms #8  
I would look for a new cylinder. Figure out the rod dia.,rod length,cylinder bore and pin size. Find a cylinder with match specs. ddbackhoe recommended 2 good dealers. I would also recommend Surplus Center. The cheapest route might be to take the old rod to a machine shop and have them make a new one.

/ Kid snaps loader arms #10  
look at your gland nut to tell the difference, if you replace the complete cylinder you're gonna get a Ognibene

Schwartz See #6 looks to have 6 flats

Ognibene see item #3 only has two flats