John Deere 1070 Will Not Start

/ John Deere 1070 Will Not Start #1  

Chufa

Tractor
John Deere 1070
My JD 1070 is no longer starting. I have replaced the starter, battery, and the seat safety switch. A friend came to look at it today to see if he could figure it out and it started right away after a month of not being able to crank it at all. As soon as he left I worked with it a while, shut it off, and now it won't crank again. The lights come on the dash and I hear a clicking noise, then the lights go off the dash like it is completely dead. I have to disconnect the battery to reset it for the lights to come back on, then I hear a click again when I try to start it and the lights go back off. I am completely lost and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

/ John Deere 1070 Will Not Start
I just put a new battery in it to see if that was the problem but it is still not working. Do you think it could be any of the safety switches? I replaced the seat switch but that is the only switch I could find any info on how to replace.

I will check the wiring closely tomorrow. Thank you.

/ John Deere 1070 Will Not Start #4  
Sounds like you have bad post terminals. Are you able to wiggle the posts even when it is completely tightened? Also check the wires on the post connectors themselves. Sometimes over time the individual strands start fraying and breaking.

/ John Deere 1070 Will Not Start #5  
On my 1070 I had the exact same problem even with a brand new battery and new cable ends at the battery. Turned out to be negative ground to tractor behind battery. Removed it, cleaned both surfaces and retightened it. That was two years ago and it's worked great since. Follow ground cable from battery to where it bolts to tractor frame.

The ground terminal on the battery has been slightly loose for a while. I will try a new terminal and check the ground connection to the frame tomorrow. Thank you for all of the replies.